docx templates not working?

Geoffrey King

Nov 13, 2013, 6:20:49 PM11/13/13
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
As far as i can tell from the documentation I should be able to use a docx file as a template to produce header and footer information in a final docx file. It didn't work for me. I am starting from markdown.

I stored my docx as "C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\pandoc\templates\default.docx" but no luck

If this isn't possible. Is there are away to markup in a markdown template so that it will generate docx headers and footers?

Note: i don't mean a style reference.

Advice?

John MacFarlane

Nov 13, 2013, 7:47:49 PM11/13/13
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
The only thing pandoc takes from the reference-docx are the styles
listed in the README. Headers and footers won't be carried over.
It would be nice to do this some day, but I haven't gotten that far.
Docx is really a pain to work with.

+++ Geoffrey King [Nov 13 13 15:20 ]:
> --
> [1]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e9792910-8b84-4cb1-
> a686-f1de9d656cc4%40googlegroups.com.
>
> References
>
> 1. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/e9792910-8b84-4cb1-a686-f1de9d656cc4%40googlegroups.com
> 2. https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out

Geoffrey King

Nov 13, 2013, 9:55:24 PM11/13/13
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarification.

Tapio Tallgren

Jan 26, 2016, 7:40:24 AM1/26/16
to pandoc-discuss

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 10:47:49 AM UTC+10, fiddlosopher wrote:
The only thing pandoc takes from the reference-docx are the styles
listed in the README.  Headers and footers won't be carried over.
It would be nice to do this some day, but I haven't gotten that far.
Docx is really a pain to work with.

What about ODT? I could create the whole document as an odt document and then convert that to docx with Libreoffice.