ANN: pandoc 1.8 - citations, textile, org, macros, & more

John MacFarlane

Jan 30, 2011, 9:15:09 PM1/30/11
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com, pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
I'm very happy to announce the release of pandoc 1.8!

As usual, a source tarball and Windows installer are available
at <http://code.google.com/p/pandoc/downloads/list>. You can
also use 'cabal install' to get the latest version from HackageDB:

cabal update
cabal install pandoc

Changes and new features -- too many to list here -- are summarized at
<http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/releases.html>.

Major contributors to this version were Andrea Rossato (citeproc integration),
Nathan Gass (support for natbib and biblatex, revised test suite), Paul Rivier
(textile reader), and Puneeth Chaganti (org-mode writer). Thanks also to
everyone else who submitted bug reports or patches.

John

Bruce

Jan 31, 2011, 11:31:44 AM1/31/11
to pandoc-discuss

On Jan 30, 9:15 pm, John MacFarlane <fiddlosop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm very happy to announce the release of pandoc 1.8!
>
> As usual, a source tarball and Windows installer are available
> at <http://code.google.com/p/pandoc/downloads/list>.  You can
> also use 'cabal install' to get the latest version from HackageDB:
>
>     cabal update
>     cabal install pandoc

Is there any particular minimum cabal version we need to get this to
install? I'm getting a build error with ...

cabal-install version 0.6.0
using version 1.6.0.1 of the Cabal library

... but am not sure if you're expecting that to work. Upgrading
now ...

Bruce

Simon Michael

Jan 31, 2011, 11:43:58 AM1/31/11
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
Wow, that's quite a release! The textile reader came in very handy to convert a github wiki recently. Thank you John,
Paul, and all.

John MacFarlane

Jan 31, 2011, 12:47:00 PM1/31/11
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
Bruce,

Try again with 1.8.0.1 (just uploaded). There was an issue with
the man pages on some platforms.

John

+++ Bruce [Jan 31 11 08:31 ]:

Paul R

Jan 31, 2011, 2:15:34 PM1/31/11
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com

Simon> Wow, that's quite a release! The textile reader came in very
Simon> handy to convert a github wiki recently. Thank you John, Paul,
Simon> and all.

Thank you Simon.

Working on this Pandoc reader was a great pleasure from end to end.
I don't think it would have been achieved otherwise, so all the credit
really goes to John for the consistently beautiful design of Pandoc.

That was a truly amazing experience as far as I am concerned, and
although I've been off for a couple of month for some reasons, I'm
really looking forward for more contributions :)

Regards,

--
Paul