ANN: pandoc 2.11.1

John MacFarlane

Nov 3, 2020, 5:45:54 PM11/3/20
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com, pandoc-...@googlegroups.com

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.11.1,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.11.1

Source & API documentation:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.11.1

This is another minor release to fix some regressions (and help
deal with election anxiety).

Minor API change:

Add `PandocBibliographyError` constructor for `PandocError`.
(This will help us give more informative error messages
when pandoc can't parse a bibliography.)

Some other improvements of note:

- Fixed overlong lines in some bibliography styles (e.g., ieee.csl).
- Fixed bug in commonmark with footnote extension, whereby
nested block-level elements inside a footnote would be rendered
in reverse order.
- Fixed regression in JATS output when using `--citeproc`.
- Improved calculation of table column widths in the LaTeX writer.
- Improved treatment of author-in-text citations inside footnotes,
in note styles. Rather than putting the bibliographic data
in paretheses after the author's name, we now separate it using
a comma.
- Fixed improper capitalization of "Ibid." and other labels
generated by `--citeproc`.
- Better handling of inline SVG in HTML.
- Refined default CSS for HTML.
- Added documentation for pandoc's JATS handling.

Thanks to Albert Krewinkel, Mauro Bieg, Nils Carlson, and Andy
Morris for contributions.