ANN: pandoc 3.1.7

John MacFarlane

Aug 31, 2023, 4:16:13 PM8/31/23
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com, pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 3.1.7,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/3.1.7

Source & API documentation:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-3.1.7

There are many small changes and improvements (see the changelog),
but the main impetus for a release so soon on the heels of the last
one was a couple of regressions, involving escaping of URLs and
internal links in LaTeX.

Some other improvements of special note:

* Man output has been cleaned up so it is more standard and more
portable (thanks to Ingo Schwarze and G. Branden Robinson for advice
on this). We have reverted the fancy but non-portable font treatment
introduced in #7506.
* We depend on a new skylighting version that works around an iOS Safari
bug that caused funny font size shifts in our highlighted code.
* We use `\cite` and `\bibitem` even with citeproc now, which gives
better accessibility (thanks to Ulrike Fischer for advice).

Thanks to all who contributed or submitted bug reports, especially
new contributors Amneesh Singh and João Alvim.