ANN: pandoc 3.1.2

John MacFarlane

Mar 27, 2023, 8:05:34 PM3/27/23
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com, pandoc-...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 3.1.2,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/3.1.2

Source & API documentation:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-3.1.2

Some exciting new features in this release:

- Support for output in Typst, a new TeX alternative
with incremental compilation and many nice features
(https://typst.app).

- typst is also supported as a --pdf-engine.

- 'pandoc lua -i' can be used to open a Lua REPL
with the pandoc environment preloaded. You can also instruct
a filter to open a REPL at a certain point, using 'pandoc.cli.repl'.
This should make it much easier to debug Lua filters.

- We now provide macOS binary releases compiled for Apple silicon.

Thanks to all who contributed, especially Albert Krewinkel
for his work on the Lua subsystem, and new contributors
Amy de Buitléir, Andres Freund, Christian Christiansen, and
Martín Pozo.