ANN: pandoc 2.11.2

John MacFarlane

Nov 19, 2020, 6:02:43 PM11/19/20
to pandoc-...@googlegroups.com, pandoc-...@googlegroups.com

I'm pleased to announce the release of pandoc 2.11.2,
available in the usual places:

Binary packages & changelog:
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/releases/tag/2.11.2

Source & API documentation:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/pandoc-2.11.2

Changes of note:

* Pandoc now defaults to ATX (## prefixed) headings for Markdown
output. If you want Setext (underlined) headings, you
can specify --markdown-headings=setext. The old --atx-headers
option is deprecated (and doesn't do anything, since ATX
headings are the new default). Thanks to Aner Lucero.

* API change in Text.Pandoc.Logging: Add constructor
ATXHeadingInLHS to LogMessage.

The rest of the changes fix bugs, including a couple of regressions.
(See the changelog for details.) I recommend that everyone upgrade.

Thanks to all who contributed!