Notification problem

schneck

Feb 11, 2010, 11:27:34 AM2/11/10
to Panda
Hi again,

we solved most issues with large files, but now we've got a strange
problem: We defined a notification url that shall be called when die
encoding has been done. This works most times, but form time to time,
the notification-post-data contains the status "processing", and the
video hangs. As far as I can see, the video has been encoded
successfully, but it's marked as "processing" in the database.

So two questions:
1) Any idea why that happens?
2) How can i mark a movie as "success" manually if this problem
occurs?

Thanks a lot,
Stefan

levancho

Feb 21, 2010, 9:36:28 AM2/21/10
to Panda
We also have same issue.

Damien Tanner

Feb 23, 2010, 12:42:22 PM2/23/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It'd be great to get to the bottom of this issue. Are there any more obvious conditions you see which cause this to happen with a video? I.e. if you try the same file ago will it succeed?

Damien Tanner Damien Tanner - Co-Founder and Director, Panda
+44 (0)20 7099 7486 - pandastream.com - @pandastream

schneck

Mar 15, 2010, 11:56:21 AM3/15/10
to Panda
On 23 Feb., 18:42, Damien Tanner <dam...@pandastream.com> wrote:
> It'd be great to get to the bottom of this issue. Are there any more obvious
> conditions you see which cause this to happen with a video? I.e. if you try
> the same file ago will it succeed?

it's not easy to reproduce, and it occurs unexpectedly, while it's
noticeable that it happens on large files. Is there any way to set the
movie status to "success" manually?

Damien Tanner

Mar 15, 2010, 12:29:51 PM3/15/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
You can go into the console with `merb -i`, find the videos and update the status attribute.

It's because aws-s3 isn't good at large files :/