Issue with running panda EU region

levancho

Jan 5, 2010, 11:58:54 PM1/5/10
to Panda
Hi,

I was able to migrate panda image to eu region, and started it up,
everything is working but, problem that I am facing is folowing:
application can not recognize SimpleDB domains created in eu region,
looks like region information is hardcoded in aws api?
because command Panda::Setup.create_sdb_domains also creates domains
in US region,
is there a workaround for this to make it create domains in eu?

Damien Tanner

Jan 6, 2010, 9:47:33 AM1/6/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

You'll need to have a look into the simpledb gem being used to see how it sets the region.

We will make sure EU is better supported in the next open source release.
Damien Tanner Damien Tanner - Co-Founder and Director, Panda
+44 (0)20 7099 7486 - pandastream.com - @pandastream

Jens

Feb 1, 2010, 3:36:31 PM2/1/10
to Panda
Hi,

same issue here. Has anyone resolved this already?
Thanks for your help,
Jens

On 6 Jan., 15:47, Damien Tanner <dam...@pandastream.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You'll need to have a look into the simpledb gem being used to see how it
> sets the region.
>
> We will make sure EU is better supported in the next open source release.
>  [image: Damien Tanner] Damien Tanner - Co-Founder and Director, Panda
> +44 (0)20 7099 7486 - pandastream.com -

> @pandastream<http://twitter.com/pandastream>

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:58 AM, levancho <dlevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I was able to migrate panda image to eu region, and started it up,
> > everything is working but, problem that I am facing is folowing:
> > application can not recognize SimpleDB domains created in eu region,
> > looks like region information is hardcoded in aws api?
> > because command Panda::Setup.create_sdb_domains also creates domains
> > in US region,
> > is there a workaround for this to make it create domains in eu?
>
> > --

> > pandastream...@googlegroups.com<pandastream%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Jens

Feb 1, 2010, 3:57:06 PM2/1/10
to Panda
Hi,
same over here. Anyone resolved the EU issue? Workarounds welcome.
Jens

On 6 Jan., 15:47, Damien Tanner <dam...@pandastream.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You'll need to have a look into the simpledb gem being used to see how it
> sets the region.
>
> We will make sure EU is better supported in the next open source release.
>  [image: Damien Tanner] Damien Tanner - Co-Founder and Director, Panda
> +44 (0)20 7099 7486 - pandastream.com -

> @pandastream<http://twitter.com/pandastream>

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:58 AM, levancho <dlevan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I was able to migrate panda image to eu region, and started it up,
> > everything is working but, problem that I am facing is folowing:
> > application can not recognize SimpleDB domains created in eu region,
> > looks like region information is hardcoded in aws api?
> > because command Panda::Setup.create_sdb_domains also creates domains
> > in US region,
> > is there a workaround for this to make it create domains in eu?
>
> > --

> > pandastream...@googlegroups.com<pandastream%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>

Damien Tanner

Feb 3, 2010, 9:52:25 AM2/3/10
to panda...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jens,

The new hosted version will have EU support in the public release. I can send you an invite if you like.