Cant get panda board to boot.

marou...@gmail.com

Mar 17, 2016, 9:26:23 AM3/17/16
to pandaboard
Alright, I just got my panda board and I followed the instructions in the "Getting Started" section but my panda board wont boot. It wont even output a fail message to the screen. The only thing that happens is that STATUS2 lights up green and STATUS1 does nothing. I've also tried the validation program but that wont boot either.

I'm writing the SD card from a linux partition running Ubuntu 14.04 and i'm writing to a Sony 16GB (94mb/s) card. I've already tried using a different SD card and several power supplies but nothing gives.

The image i'm writing is:

precise-preinstalled-desktop-armhf+omap4.raw

I'm starting to think my board might be busted.

Gary Thomas

Mar 18, 2016, 12:53:23 AM3/18/16
to panda...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-03-17 14:26, marou...@gmail.com wrote:
> Alright, I just got my panda board and I followed the instructions in the "Getting Started" section but my panda board
> wont boot. It wont even output a fail message to the screen. The only thing that happens is that STATUS2 lights up green
> and STATUS1 does nothing. I've also tried the validation program but that wont boot either.
>
> I'm writing the SD card from a linux partition running Ubuntu 14.04 and i'm writing to a Sony 16GB (94mb/s) card. I've
> already tried using a different SD card and several power supplies but nothing gives.
>
> The image i'm writing is:
>
> /precise-preinstalled-desktop-armhf+omap4.raw/
>
> I'm starting to think my board might be busted.

Exactly what command did you use to write the SD card? Please be verbatim.

--
Gary Thomas

modyrater

Mar 19, 2016, 5:11:04 PM3/19/16
to panda...@googlegroups.com

Uhmm you just got it?  Used? Either way they should have sent something that works on an SDCard?