Ailurus: New Ruby client gem for PANDA

Justin Myers

Apr 16, 2015, 1:03:10 PM4/16/15
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all! Just wanted to let you know about a thing I put together, in case it can be useful to any of you.

I've made a small Ruby gem you can use as a client for a PANDA server, which can help simplify (for example) Ruby scrapers that you want to interact with your newsroom's PANDA.

You can find it (with some installation/usage examples) here: https://github.com/associatedpress/ailurus

I expect to extend it as we use this within my team at the AP, but if it comes in handy for anyone else, all the better! (Pull requests are welcome, of course—I realize there's a lot more functionality that could be implemented, and I'm also pretty new to Ruby in general.)

(And, since the gem's name is the genus of the red panda, here's a red panda having a snack: http://i.imgur.com/0B3dbH6.gif)

Justin Myers
News automation editor
The Associated Press