Portuguese translation

Daniel Bramatti

Jan 28, 2016, 1:05:32 PM1/28/16
to PANDA Project Users

Hello, everybody. My name is Daniel Bramatti and I work with data journalism at O Estado de S.Paulo (the third biggest newspaper in Brazil). I'm really interested in helping to translate Panda to Brazilian portuguese. This would be the first step to start using the platform in our newsroom (and possibly promote it on other newsrooms around here).

I tried to follow the instructions below, but I get a "404 error" on POEditor. I also found a opened ticket on Github (https://github.com/pandaproject/panda/issues/953), but I guess nobody is working on the subject. Any hints? Thanks in advance.

Translating PANDA into your language

If PANDA is not available in your language, you can translate it! PANDA uses a service calledPOEditor to enable anyone to contribute to translations. The translation work is divided into two projects:

If you spot an error in a translation, you can make the correction yourself and we will roll it into our next release. If you wish to translate PANDA into an entirely new language, please either contact us on our User Group or open a Github ticket. In either case we will add the new language and you can get started!

Brian Boyer

Jan 31, 2016, 6:33:42 PM1/31/16
to panda-pro...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Daniel! This is so awesome! What exactly are you getting a 404
on? https://poeditor.com/ seems to work for me, so I'm guessing it's
something else? Any chance you'll be able to make it to NICAR this
year? We'll probably get PANDA users together to talk at a bar or
something fun. :)

Daniel Bramatti

Feb 11, 2016, 4:59:22 PM2/11/16
to PANDA Project Users

Hello, Brian! Thanks for the invitation, but I won't be able to make it to Nicar this year... I tried again to find the Panda Project in Poeditor, but when I click https://poeditor.com/join/project?hash=487a4fa3c3cb44db13578ce3947f549f this is what I get: