Bike Shop and Camping/Outdoor Shop in San José, Costa Rica

Monika Loder

Jun 30, 2011, 8:48:03 PM6/30/11
to PanAm Riders
Hi everyone

We're currently in Costa Rica and plan a little shopping trip to San
José. We've found a few addresses of bike shops we could check but
maybe someone has a recommendation. We're looking for: a good Shimano
6-8 gear chain (one that doesn't rust within a few days in the rain)
and a rear view mirror.

From a outdoor shop I need (if possible) new Platypus bottles or a
Ortlieb water bag.

Does enyone know whether these things can be bought in San José and if
so, where?

Thanks for your help
Monika

John Benson

Jul 1, 2011, 4:40:26 AM7/1/11
to panam-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Monika

I cycled through parts of Mexico & Central America with 2 Spaniards, Natxo & Idoia. They posted on here about a shop in San Jose - it had Schwalbe. I think it was called Puro MTB (but don't quote me on that?, I don't think it's exactly correct). But, if you look through N & I's posts on here, you'll be able to find it. If you contact them, as well, you may be able to get more information, as San Jose was a re-loading stop for them.

Best wishes
John

For group information, visit http://www.panamericantour.net/panam-riders

--