Buenos Aires to Honduras

Sylvain Rolland

Mar 19, 2016, 1:32:23 PM3/19/16
to PanAm Riders
Hi guys! After having done Montréal to Honduras in 2015, I am now looking to ride my bicycle from either Santiago, Chile or from Buenos Aires. Witch ride do you think should be the most interesting and what would be the cheapest way to cross from anywhere in Colombia to Panama now that the ferry doesn't seem to be working?

Thanks a lot!

Paul

Mar 24, 2016, 10:05:32 AM3/24/16
to PanAm Riders
Hi Sylvain,

I did something closer to the Chile/Honduras route and really enjoyed it. (http://www.panamericantour.net/route) To get to Colombia (I was southbound) I took the Darien Gapster. It looks like they changed their name to San Blas Adventures. There are a lot of creative and cheap ways to get between Panama and Colombia - some have been well documented in this forum. Do some searches and see what you find (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/panam-riders). This also looks like a good resource: http://www.panamacolombiasailing.com/

Paul

Etienne

Mar 27, 2016, 11:37:19 AM3/27/16
to PanAm Riders
Salut Sylvain!

I have a biais for Argentina, thinking people are nicer and food is better. You can also go zigzag between the two countries over the Andes from Santiago. That's what I did. Don't miss the Valles Cachaquies in Salta province.

For the Darien crossing, indeed there is a lot of info here. There is an adventurous way from Buenaventura on the Pacific side, but you would miss a lot of Colombia if you go straight there, which is sad as it is in my top 3 country.

Etienne
www.cycloexpeditionamericas.com

Albert Lee

Mar 29, 2016, 8:47:47 PM3/29/16
to PanAm Riders
Hi Sylvain

I think Argentina has better food, people and scenery compare to Chile. I zigzaged the Andes from Ushuaia to San Pedro de Atacama in 2015. You must ride Calchaqui valley and Abra del Acay.

Albert

Not sure about the ferry in Columbia and Panama.