PAN @ CLEF'15: Plagiarism Detection, Author Identification, Author Profiling

tim gollub

Jan 9, 2015, 7:42:54 AM1/9/15
to pan-works...@googlegroups.com
PAN 2015: Call for Participation

We invite you to take part in one of the following shared tasks:

1. Plagiarism Detection -- Given a document, is it an original?
This task studies source retrieval and text alignment, i.e. retrieving likely
sources of a suspicious document, and aligning reused passages of text between
them.

2. Author Identification -- Given a document, who wrote it?
This task focuses on authorship verification and methods that tell us whether
two given documents have the same author; a frequent challenge of forensic
linguistics.

3. Author Profiling -- Given a document, what're its author's personal traits?
This task is concerned with predicting an author's demographics from her
writing. For example, an author's style may reveal her age, gender, and
personality.

Learn more at http://pan.webis.de.

PAN is held in conjunction with the CLEF'15 conference in Toulouse, France.

Important Dates

now open          Registration
Mar  1, 2015      Early bird software submission
Apr 15, 2015      Final software submission
May 31, 2015      Notebook submission
Sep 8-11, 2015    Conference

Special Announcements

Data submissions for Text Alignment

This year PAN will accept data submissions for text alignment so as to increase
the diversity of the available corpora. Further details will be announced on
the task's web page.

Software submissions.

After a great success with 106 submitted softwares from previous years, we are
happy to announce that we will continue our initiative to invite software
submissions using TIRA.

Student mentoring.

For each task, we accept applications of PhD students or master students for
mentoring by experts in the respective task's research field. Deadline for
sending in your applications is February 15, 2014. Please include a resume
and an abstract of your PhD's topic.

Benefits for early birds.

Submitting your software or your notebook early, as well as registering early
for the conference will be rewarded. Check out the specific benefits on
our web page at http://pan.webis.de

Robert Layton

Jan 11, 2015, 7:15:25 PM1/11/15
to pan-workshop-series
Is there an ETA on the data availability? Either way, is the format exactly the same as last year?

Dr. Robert Layton
Research Fellow
w: Website   e: r.la...@icsl.com.au   t: @robertlayton
Internet Commerce Security Laboratory
Federation University Australia

Coming in 2015,  Algorithms for Automating Open Source Intelligence. Send me an email if you are interested in writing a chapter.

Martin Potthast

Jan 20, 2015, 11:09:42 AM1/20/15
to pan-workshop-series
Hi Robert,

sorry for the late answer! The data is in preparation, and ETA will be
hopefully the beginning of February.

Martin
Martin Potthast
Bauhaus-Universität Weimar