Re: Fake News Spreaders - early birds extension

Matti Wiegmann

May 11, 2020, 6:41:33 AM5/11/20
to Shashirekha HL, Francisco Manuel Rangel Pardo, pan, pan-works...@googlegroups.com
Dear Dr. H.L. Shashirekha,

We can increase the memory, storage, and number of CPUs available to your virtual machine. We do not support GPUs at the moment. Please tell me your performance requirements and your username, so I can update the VM.

Also, please make sure to only deploy pre-trained models to TIRA.

Best,
Matti

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 9:58 AM Shashirekha HL <hlsr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear  Francisco M. Rangel Pardo,

We are working on Fake tweets Profiling using language model. We are not able to run our code on VM due to shortage of storage and GPU issues.

Please note that, the software has been executed already in colab by use of Google GPU. Google Colab gives about 13 GB of RAM up to 25 GB and  also provides a single 12GB NVIDIA Tesla K80 GPU.

Please help us to solve this problem.

Thanks and regards
Shashirekha

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 12:25 AM Francisco Manuel Rangel Pardo <kico....@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear participants of the Fake News Spreaders shared tasks,

We would like to inform you that we have extended the deadline for the early birds until next Friday 15th May.

It is really important for you to try to participate in this stage for several reasons. Mainly, you can obtain valuable feedback on the performance of your systems and have a second trial to improve them. Furthermore, by testing your in a real environment before the final evaluation, you can find and solve technical issues that may be dangerous if you wait until the latest moment.

Due to the previous, we strongly encourage you to participate and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt or any problem.

Good luck!

--
Francisco M. Rangel Pardo
Twitter: @kicorangel

--
Dr. H.L. Shashirekha
Professor, Department. of Computer Science,

Martin Potthast

May 13, 2020, 12:25:17 PM5/13/20
to Matteo Cardaioli, Francisco Manuel Rangel Pardo, pan, pan-workshop-series, Stefano Cecconello, Luca Pajola, Federico Turrin
Hi Matteo,

it is possible to allow the use of the Watson API, if you identify to us the exact server names and their IPs.

Best,
Martin

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 6:04 PM Matteo Cardaioli <matteo.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Francisco M. Rangel Pardo,

Attached a zip file with our python code (main.py) and our model (finalized_model.sav) for the early bird submission.
As we told you in a previous mail, we are using Watson API, on our account, there are 300 available calls to the API. If the test set is bigger than 300 elements please let us know and we will upgrade the available calls.
Anyway the code cache the call to Watson, so if you want to re-run it automatically avoid a new call to Watson API.
We tested the code in the virtual machine you provided us.

Regards,
Matteo Cardaioli, Stefano Cecconello, Luca Pajola, and Federico Turrin

Il giorno ven 8 mag 2020 alle ore 20:55 Francisco Manuel Rangel Pardo <kico....@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Dear participants of the Fake News Spreaders shared tasks,

We would like to inform you that we have extended the deadline for the early birds until next Friday 15th May.

It is really important for you to try to participate in this stage for several reasons. Mainly, you can obtain valuable feedback on the performance of your systems and have a second trial to improve them. Furthermore, by testing your in a real environment before the final evaluation, you can find and solve technical issues that may be dangerous if you wait until the latest moment.

Due to the previous, we strongly encourage you to participate and do not hesitate to contact us if you have any doubt or any problem.

Good luck!

--
Francisco M. Rangel Pardo
Twitter: @kicorangel

--
Jun-Prof. Dr. Martin Potthast
Leipzig University

Matti Wiegmann

May 15, 2020, 4:11:48 AM5/15/20
to Shashirekha HL, Francisco Manuel Rangel Pardo, pan, pan-works...@googlegroups.com
Dear H.L. Shashirekha,

The VM was shut down. I started it and you can connect to it now. You can also start and stop the virtual machine yourself via tira.io

Best,
Matti

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 7:58 PM Shashirekha HL <hlsr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear  Francisco M. Rangel Pardo/Matti

We are getting the following error message while connecting to VM:

ssh: connect to host betaweb002.medien.uni-weimar.de port 44409: No route to host

rdp : ERROR: betaweb002.medien.uni-weimar.de: unable to connect

Hope you will help us to resolve this problem.
Username : shashirekha20a