Important Message -- 231 Grant EIR Comments Deadline Approaching!

Sheri Furman

Nov 17, 2021, 6:42:12 PM11/17/21
to PAN, pan-...@googlegroups.com

FYI.  Please send in comments if haven't already done so.

Please pass this along to others in your communities,

I wanted to give you all a 'heads-up' reminder and an update on the 231 Grant (Teacher Housing) project and the EIR (Environmental Impact Report) comments deadline -- this FRIDAY, November 19th, 5 p.m.

If you have any EIR comments, you MUST submit them by Friday, 5 p.m. to: Emily....@faf.sccgov.org

To simplify it and help explain what it means to you personally, I've attached a "231 Grant Avenue" summary for quickly review and adoption for your EIR comments. I hope this is helpful.

Personally, over the past several weeks, I've tried to go through the entire EIR (hundreds of pages) and make written comments on each section. Those comments are also available (see the "DEIR Comments" attachment) if anyone is interested in reading them.

Please understand these attachments are not perfect, but I've tried my best to produce accurate and correct information.

In any case, it is critical for everyone to get their EIR comments in by this Friday, 5 p.m.

If anyone is interested in joining me in sending in EIR comments, please let me know and I will include your name with my own comments on Friday -- the more united we can be, the more influence we will have with County officials with 231 Grant.

Please email or call me, if you have questions.

Best Wishes,

Terry Holzemer

(650) 213-2169

ho...@sonic.net

From: "Chen, Emily F" <emily....@faf.sccgov.org>

Notice of Availability Of a DRAFT

Environmental Impact Report For the

231 grant educator workforce housing project

Project Owner/Proponent: County of Santa Clara

Project Title: 231 Grant Educator Workforce Housing

Assessor's Parcel Number: 132-31-074 and 984-88-004

Location: 231 Grant Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306

Greetings!

As a reminder, the County of Santa Clara, as the Lead Agency, has prepared a Draft Environmental Impact Report (EIR) to evaluate the potential environmental effects of the proposed project referenced above. Your comments regarding the significant environmental effects of this Project and the adequacy of the Draft EIR are welcome. The 45-day public review period began on Tuesday October 5, 2021 and ends at 5:00 p.m. on Friday November 19, 2021. The Draft EIR, related technical appendices, and all documents incorporated by reference in the Draft EIR are available for review online at: https://www.sccgov.org/231grant.

The project (State Clearinghouse No. 2020120049) proposes demolition of the existing single-story building on the site and construction of a four- story building that would contain approximately 110 residential units and related amenities and approximately 1,100 square feet of "flex space" which could be utilized as a café or other retail/commercial use. Approval of the project will require actions by the County of Santa Clara, including approval by the County Board of Supervisors. A virtual Public Meeting to solicit comments on the Draft Environmental Impact Report was held on October 20, 2021. The presentation can be viewed on the project website at: https://www.sccgov.org/231grant.

Comments on the Draft EIR must be received before the end of the 45-day public review period (5:00 p.m. on Friday November 19, 2021) for the comments to be responded to in the Final EIR. The Final EIR may not include responses to comments received after this date and time. Oral comments made at the public meeting will be responded to in the Final EIR.

Written comments should be sent via mail or email to:

County of Santa Clara Facilities and Fleets Department
Attention: Emily Chen

2310 North First Street, Suite 200 San Jose CA 95131

E-mail: Emily....@faf.sccgov.org; Phone: (408) 993-4635

Thank you,

Emily Chen

Senior Planner, Facilities and Fleet Department, County of Santa Clara

2310 North First Street, Suite 200, San Jose, CA 95131-1011

(408)993-4635 | Emily....@faf.sccgov.org

NOTICE:  The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the CONFIDENTIAL use of the designated addressee(s) named above.  Please delete this email if you are not the intended recipient.

NOTICE:  Draft documents attached to or statements that are set forth in this email shall not be considered an offer by the County to enter into a contract.  No drafts or statements shall be binding on the County unless and until there is a separate written agreement, fully executed and delivered by the authorized representatives of all parties to said agreement.

231 Grant Avenue.docx
DEIR Comments.docx