Fw: URGENT ACTION ON SB9

Sheri Furman

Jul 6, 2021, 12:45:45 AM7/6/21
to PAN, pan-...@googlegroups.com

This is an FYI.

Reminder of a meeting with Assembly Member Marc Berman Tuesday July 6th at 5:30PM
Display problems? Open this email in your web browser.
sensible-zoning-twitter-header

We would like to give a heartfelt

THANK YOU

to all the residents who took the time to respond to our poll on SB9.
The final results (after removing duplicate entries and those with invalid email addresses) were:

Total Respondents: 886

Oppose SB9: 764 (86.2%)

Support SB9: 113 (12.8%)

No Opinion: 9 ( 1.0%)

NOW is the time to follow up and take the action.

Join us in a meeting with

Assembly Member Marc Berman

And if you can, make a call to his office TONIGHT and follow the script below.

Dear Friends -
Six controversial top-down housing bills (SB9, SB10, SB8, SB290, SB477 and SB478) that would convert single-family neighborhoods into high-density housing - without requiring affordable housing - are being heard in the State Assembly. Developer/ corporate backers hope the bills pass before the public weighs in on it.

Join United Neighbors AD-24 in a meeting with
Assembly Member Marc Berman
Tuesday, July 6 at 5:30PM

Before Tuesday morning at 9:00 am, take 10 minutes to make a call. Calling early or after hours to leave a message is OK.

CALL TO ACTION:SCRIPT (adapt to fit):

My name is ___. I’m calling re: Senate Bills coming up for a vote in the State Assembly. My group (name) and I OPPOSE SB 8, 9, 10, 290, 477, and 478. The policies of these bills destroy single-family neighborhoods without providing affordable homes. They worsen fire danger, remove parking, and take away local control. I live in the Assemblymember’s district, and

I am asking him to meet with us on July 6th and hear our concerns over these bills.

Capitol Office (916) 319-2024
District Office (650) 324-0224
PASS this message along. Forward to your network, groups, and 5+ neighbors, colleagues or cousins. Post on NextDoor.
Pat yourself on the back for taking action in support of transparency and sound housing policy.

Unsubscribe | Manage subscription
Palo Altans for Sensible Zoning - P.O. Box 305, Palo Alto, CA 94302 - FPPC #1359196