You're Invited: Neighbors Abroad's International Festival and Member Meeting

Sheri Furman

Aug 24, 2022, 7:16:27 PM8/24/22
to PAN, pan-...@googlegroups.com, Andie Reed

FYI

Join Neighbors Abroad's Sister and Sibling Cities for an International Fest Saturday, Aug 27, noon to 5, in front of City Hall.  Live music, Filipino stick fighting, singing (see list below); arts and crafts items, food trucks, wine, and a Kid's Zone.  Unveiling of the completely refurbished sign will occur at 4 pm following speeches by the Mayor and other visiting dignitaries.

  View in browser

You're Invited!

Join your friends at Neighbors Abroad for an International Festival and our annual member meeting

August 27, King Plaza, downtown Palo Alto

Starting at noon

To coincide with the Palo Alto Chamber of Commerce’s Festival of the Arts, Neighbors Abroad is hosting an International Festival on Saturday, August 27, 2022, in front of Palo Alto City Hall, on Hamilton Avenue (King Plaza), one block over from the Festival of the Arts.

The family-friendly event will kick off at noon and run to 5 p.m. Over the course of the afternoon, we will celebrate our international Sister Cities and our new domestic Sibling City, Bloomington, Indiana.

Enjoy food trucks and beer garden-style seating, as well as musical entertainment and activities for children. At 4 p.m. we will unveil the city's new Sister/Sibling City sign.

Thanks to our Sponsors, Vendors and Entertainers:

Hobee's *  Griffin Hill Winery *  Fête Musette French Country Music *   Traditional Swedish and European Music by Verlene Schermer * Zaida's Kitchen *  DJ Oliver Boston *  Singer Masako DuBois *  Filipino stick fighters * Alfred Pace * Maico Campilongo*

A Festive Annual Member Meeting

Starting at 4 p.m.

Our annual membership meeting is going al fresco this year and will begin with the unveiling of our new Sister/Sibling City sign on King Plaza at 4 p.m. on August 27.

We invite our members to celebrate Neighbors Abroad's busy year of activities and cross-border connections. We will provide food and drink! Join us to hear what is planned for the remainder of the year and into 2023. We will be joined by Neighbors Abroad President Bob Wenzlau, Palo Alto Mayor Pat Burt and other special guests.

If you're not sure if you're a member, you can email egf...@gmail.com.

To become a member, click the button below and follow the prompts.

Come for the festival and stay for the meeting! We look forward to seeing you on August 27.

Click here to become a Neighbors Abroad member

About Neighbors Abroad

Neighbors Abroad is a non-profit, civic organization affiliated with Sister Cities International and the City of Palo Alto.  Since 1963, we have embodied the idea that citizen diplomats can change the world, one cross-border relationship at a time. We leverage Palo Alto’s rich diversity to cultivate partnerships with eight international Sister Cities, as well as a first-of-its-kind domestic Sibling City relationship.

We invite you to learn more about Neighbors Abroad, winner of the 2022 Innovation in Humanitarian Assistance Award from Sister Cities International.

www.neighborsabroad.org

Neighbors Abroad

355 Alma Street, Palo Alto
CA 94301 United States