Mobile Lives Forum - Funding call

Javier Caletrío

Feb 27, 2018, 3:22:57 PM2/27/18
to pan-american-mo...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Please see below a call for research proposals from the Mobile Lives Forum.

Best wishes,

Javier

Funding call

The Mobile Lives Forum is inviting applications from researchers around the world for its new funding round.

The Forum funds projects in the field of mobilities, both academic and artistic, that we feel are of significant interest for society as a whole. Our aim is to enhance our understanding of, and contribute to the transition towards lifestyles that correspond to people’s aspirations, while at the same time reducing our collective impact on the environment.

Proposals submitted to this call will focus on the transition towards sustainable and desirable mobility with an emphasis on lifestyles, for example how to encourage low-carbon lifestyles and how to discourage energy-intensive lifestyles. Under this broad framework, we would like to encourage proposals examining one or more of the following specific issues:

-          Tourism and leisure

-          Work

-          ICTs

-          Slow living and proximity (‘neighbourhood lives’)

Proposals are expected to relate to the research agenda of the Mobile Lives Forum. For further details see http://en.forumviesmobiles.org/page/research-program-themes.

Examples of past and ongoing projects can be found here: http://en.forumviesmobiles.org/nos-activites/projects/list

Interdisciplinary teams are welcome to apply and we encourage the involvement of the arts not just in the communication of research or to enhance public engagement, but also in the design of the project.

Applicants must submit a three-page concept note with the rationale for the project noting its significance for policy and / or academic debates, how it relates to the Forum’s agenda, research questions, methodology, team, schedule and estimated cost. Since this is a concept note there is no need to include a list of references. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit a full proposal. The duration of projects is for a maximum of three years beginning in 2018.

The deadline for submitting a concept note is 27 March 2018.

If you have any queries about submitting an application contact Javier Caletrío: javier....@forumviesmobiles.org

Applications must be submitted to Christophe Gay (co-director) and Javier Caletrío: christo...@forumviesmobiles.org and javier....@forumviesmobiles.org

The Mobile Lives Forum is an independent research institute based in Paris and supported by SNCF (French railways). To learn more about us visit our website: http://en.forumviesmobiles.org/forum-vies-mobiles/blog/2013/06/19/manifesto-preparing-mobility-transition-932