How to run PAML command line in the background in Linux system

BMO

Apr 4, 2024, 4:06:52 AMApr 4
to PAML discussion group
Hi everyone,

I run codeml using the following command:
 "/home/software/paml-master/src/codeml codeml-sites.ctl | tee logfile_codeml-sites.txt", It can run when running in the foreground. When I use command:
 "nohup /home/software/paml-master/src/codeml codeml-sites.ctl | tee logfile_codeml-sites.txt &"
to mount to the background to run, the command will automatically terminate.
What do I need to do to let this command run in the background without getting killed?

Janet Young

Apr 4, 2024, 10:40:15 AMApr 4
to PAML discussion group
not sure if this will work, but try it and let us know:
"nohup /home/software/paml-master/src/codeml codeml-sites.ctl > logfile_codeml-sites.txt &"

(you won't see any screen output, like you might when you pipe to tee)