PamlX: failed to launch process

Alexis Gagnier-Michel

Feb 28, 2023, 5:20:03 PM2/28/23
to PAML discussion group
Hi,
Sorry to bother the community with such a basic question...

I'm trying to run the examples files given for codeml and i'm already having troubles.
I'm running on mac osx.

When trying to run codeml, it says: «Failed to launch the process:

/Users/Alexis/Desktop/daphnia/paml-4.10.6/bin/codeml»

My directory seems fine: /Users/Alexis/Desktop/daphnia/paml-4.10.6

I'll try running it on the terminal, but the learning curve is steeper!

Thank you,

Capture d’écran, le 2023-02-28 à 17.18.38.png

Sandra AC

May 10, 2023, 6:02:39 AM5/10/23
to PAML discussion group
Hi there!

Check that you have given executable permissions to the PAML programs inside the `bin` directory (if this is the directory where you have them). Also, make sure that they can run from a terminal! Last, make sure that the path that you are typing is the correct one and there are no typos.

Note that, to make the most out of the PAML programs, it is always best to run them from the terminal :)

All the best,
Sandra