Estimation of rough substitution rate using codeml

Manohar Singh Bisht 2110105

Apr 27, 2024, 10:10:52 AMApr 27
to PAML discussion group
Hi,
I am running codeml on my amino acids alignments to calculate the rough substitution time which can later be used to find rgene_gamma to draw divergence tree. However, I couldn't able to locate the subsitution rate in the codeml output (file mlc)

PS: I am using PAML v4.8

Thanks

Sishuo Wang

May 7, 2024, 12:09:03 AMMay 7
to PAML discussion group
Dear manohar,

I guess you should fix the date in the species tree file by "@1.1" for example instead of a range ">1<10" for that purpose. Also you may wish to note the version issue, perhaps work only for <4.9 version. see the following discussion

best,
sishuo

Sishuo Wang

May 7, 2024, 12:11:05 AMMay 7