BSM analysis in parallel evolution

张东

Jun 19, 2022, 11:06:39 PM6/19/22
to PAML discussion group
Dear all,

I want to study parallel evolution, but foreground species are interlaced with background species in the tree,  I have run codeml using two approaches,

1. label all foreground branches in the tree, and then run BSM analysis at once, like this: [https://groups.google.com/g/pamlsoftware/c/aVj2opOg7PA];

2. extract all parallel clades, and then run BSM for each clade seperately, finally find intersection in the resulting positively selected sites of each clade, which is a method used in a PNAS paper: "Comparative genomics reveals convergent evolution between the bamboo-eating giant and red pandas".

I tried both methods, but the results of two approaches were different, I am not sure what cause the discrepancy and which approach is the best strategy, can you help me with this,

Thank you

Dong

Yangkang Chen

May 3, 2023, 6:08:52 AM5/3/23
to PAML discussion group
I'm also facing the same problem. Did you managed to solve that?