Positively selected sites have no mutation

Yangkang Chen

May 3, 2023, 6:02:50 AM5/3/23
to PAML discussion group
Hi all,

I was using Branch-Site model (Model A vs. counterpart null model with w=1). I wish to see which site is under positive selection at the BEB section under alternative model output. However, those asterisked sites (*/**) don't have mutation in any of the species. If there is no mutation, then how to tell it's under positive selection?

I'm not sure I interpretive it right. Any hints are appreciated. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-05-03 at 18.01.20.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-03 at 17.58.42.png
Yangkang