Call to Action: Stop the Prawer Plan | 29 July 2013 | ISM Digest (palsolidarity@googlegroups.com)

ISM Palestine (Google Drive)

Jul 29, 2013, 4:20:19 PM7/29/13
to palsol...@googlegroups.com
Call to Action: Stop the Prawer Plan | 29 July 2013 | ISM Digest
Document Call to Action: Stop the Prawer Plan | 29 July 2013 | ISM Digest

Snapshot of the item below:

 ISM Digest

Palestinian right to Jerusalem only valid for 10 years

International Campaign to Protect Palestinian Residency in Jerusalem

The Jerusalemites Campaign strongly condemns Israel’s recent change in its issuing of Jerusalem IDs, which now include expiration dates.

Since the beginning of July, Jerusalem residents who have gone to the Ministry of Interior to receive new IDs have obtained ones valid for only 10 years. Prior to this, IDs had no explicit expiration date.

The implications of this policy change are significant...  Read more.

Live ammunition shot at Youth Against Settlement house in Hebron

Last night at 10 pm, a live ammunition bullet was fired at the headquarters of the human rights organisation Youth Against Settlements (YAS) in Hebron.

The spokesperson for YAS, Damer Atash, explains that a group of activists were sitting in front of the house headquarters when the bullet was fired. The bullet was shot  from the nearby olive groves making it impossible to see the shooter, although two voices were heard. Luckily, the group of activists were not hurt...  Read more.

Call for Action: Stop Prawer Plan!

Prawer Plan

We call on international solidarity activists to organize demonstrations on 1 August in their own cities, and to spread awareness of the biggest impending ethnic cleansing campaign against Palestinians by Israel since 1948 through writing petitions, sharing information on the Naqab and Prawer Plan, or by any other show of activism.

On Monday, July 15, thousands of Palestinians protested in their cities, towns and at busy street junctions against the Prawer Plan, in a day that was designated as the national day of rage, or Anger Strike.

 Read more.

Wael Dawabsheh, clinical psychologist for the TRC.

Interview with Wael Dawabsheh:  “Israel, you will be punished for your use of torture against us.”

The International Solidarity Movement had a conversation with Wael Dawabsheh, a clinical psychologist with the Torture Rehabilitation Centre in the West Bank. He told us about his work with torture victims.

International Solidarity Movement (ISM): What is the Torture Rehabilitation Centre and what work do you do?

Wael Dawabsheh (WD): Our centre started working in the West Bank in 1999, continued through the intifada in 2002 and until now. We are a group of psychiatrists, social workers and psychologists. We work with arrestees, people who have been in Israeli prisons and people who have been exposed to torture, as well as their families. We also work with injured people and the families of martyrs.

Read more.

Third interview with Ilan Pappe: “All international activists that come to Palestine should be VIP’s... They should Visit, they should Inform, and they should Protest

International Solidarity Movement: If, as you said in the previous interview (Israeli politics & society), support from the European Union (EU) and the USA is not going to stop, what could the international community do or what should change in order to force Israel to implement and respect international standards?

Ilan Pappé: We need a European spring. In the sense that we all know that if the European political leaders would only reflect what the European people want, the policy of European countries would be much tougher on Israel.

Read more.

Restriction of movement remains for Palestinians during Ramadan

On the second Friday during Ramadan, hundreds of Palestinians from the West Bank crossed Qalandiya checkpoint to access Jerusalem and pray at the Al Aqsa mosque.

Read more.

“Shabbat Shalom” - No peace for Palestinians in Hebron this Saturday

Stone and egg-throwing, beating and kicking, headscarves torn off and an arrest based on two soldiers lying. This sunny Saturday in Hebron (Al-Khalil) was all about settler youth attacking innocent Palestinians and internationals while soldiers looked the other way.

Settlers, soldiers and police gathered around the Abu Shamsiyah home following the attack

Today, 27th of July, the Shabbat started as usual in Hebron with the settler tour through the Old City. A group of settlers surrounded by soldiers entered the Old City through the Peace Garden and went through the streets, preventing Palestinians from passing. The soldiers invaded several Palestinian houses in order to access the roofs. After an hour, the “tour” left the Old City through the entrance to Beit Romano settlement.

 Read more.

View from inside the tent, protester holding “Our land is our right” sign.

Fifth Canaan protest village built on annexed Palestinian land in the middle of the illegal Gush Etzion colonial block

The tent village was built to remember the right of Palestinians to their land and to express solidarity with hunger strikers imprisoned for fighting for the Palestinian struggle...    Read more.

Israeli settlers torch Hebron family’s property for eighth time

On Sunday, July 28, Israeli settlers severely burned land belonging to Hani Abu Haikel and his family in Hebron. Occupation soldiers, though at first trying to help stop the fire, ended up blocking the road so that Palestinian firefighters were delayed in reaching the scene.

Read more.

International Solidarity Movement | palsolidarity.org | twitter | facebook | join | donate | call to action

Google Drive: create, share, and keep all your stuff in one place. Logo for Google Drive