Fwd: Israeli police raids the village of Iqrit

International Solidarity Movement

Jun 11, 2014, 5:19:46 AM6/11/14
to International Solidarity Movement

Display problems? View this newsletter in your browser.

Protest against the wall, Bilin, West Bank, 28,2,2014  Read more below.

On the Ground in Occupied Palestine

For over ten years, the International Solidarity Movement has supported grassroots
Palestinian communities engaging in nonviolent resistance to the Israeli Occupation.
Click here to donate securely online!

Israeli police raids the village of Iqrit

9th June 2014 | International Solidarity Movement, Khalil team | Iqrit, Occupied Palestine Yesterday morning on the 8th June, Israeli police forces raided the village of Iqrit (located on the northern tip of Israel, within eyesight of Lebanon). The police uprooted trees, destroyed and confiscated all the personal belongings of Palestinian activists present in the village. Furthermore they beat and violently arrested …

Read more.

The Roman tree

7th June 2014 | International Solidarity Movement, Khalil team | Hebron, Occupied Palestine At approximately 1:00 pm on June 4th, a burning olive tree was located in the vicinity of Tel Rumeida, al-Khalil (Hebron). The Palestinian firefighters extinguished the fire with no assistance from the occupying Israeli military. As an occupying state, Israel is legally responsible for providing adequate services and aid …

Read more.

Prisoner solidarity in Hebron

7th June 2014 | International Solidarity Movement, Khalil team | Hebron, Occupied Palestine Since the Palestinian prisoners began their hunger strike, there has been a protest each week in al-Khalil (Hebron). The majority of these demonstrations have been in the H1 area (under Palestinian Authority civil and security control), not directly against the Israeli military. However, On Wednesday 3rd and Thursday 4th …

Read more.

No Jews allowed

5th June 2014 | International Solidarity Movement | Hebron, Occupied Palestine My plan for the morning was pretty simple, I wanted to enter the souq (market) and buy some bread for breakfast, and then walk home. That was it. As I made my way towards the souq entrance I was stopped by two Israeli border police officers and asked for my …

Read more.

VIDEO: One month for schoolchildren in Hebron: stun grenades,
tear gas, and detentions

5th June 2014 | International Solidarity Movement, Khalil Team | Hebron, Occupied Palestine For children in al-Khalil (Hebron), the journey to school can be filled with fear, fear of Israeli soldiers, of military weapons, detentions, and arrests. The violence is all too real in this city, and it is unfortunately not an uncommon experience for children, some as young as four-years-old. International activists try …

Read more.

About the photo

Protest against the wall, Bilin,
West Bank, 28.2.2014

A Palestinian youth places a flag on the Israeli wall during a protest marking 9 years for the struggle against the wall in the West Bank village of Bilin, February 28, 2014.

Photo by: Activestills.org (link)

Unsubscribe