Parish eBulletin - Volume 13, No. 4, January 24, 2020

Chris Lundin

Jan 24, 2020, 11:51:41 AM1/24/20
to paloaltocatho...@googlegroups.com

St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
The Catholic Community of Palo Alto, California

St. Thomas Aquinas parish is a Roman Catholic community of disciples
working together for the glory of God and our spiritual growth in Jesus, the Christ.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we live and share the Gospel
through worship, education and service.

Parish eBulletin - Volume 13, No. 4 - January 24, 2020

Table of Contents:

1. THIS Saturday, January 25Next Session Pastoral Garden Cleanup
2. THIS Saturday, January 25: Funeral Mass for Anne Ackerman
3. THIS Weekend: Saturday/Sunday January 25-26: Celebrate St. Thomas Aquinas Feast Day
4. THIS Weekend: Second Collection for St. Vincent de Paul
5. Celebrated THIS
Weekend:
The Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas
6. NEXT Weekend: Feast Of The Presentation Of The Lord (Candelmas Day)
7. Wanted: Artists
8. Sunday, January 26: High School Youth Ministry
9. Tuesday Spirituality Tuesday: Video Series on the Mass
10. Wednesday, January 29: NO Confirmation Classes
11. Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry
12. Volunteer Opportunity: Join The SAG Donuteers
13. Green Corner: Stepping Down
14. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!
15.  Want To Become A Catholic?
16. NEXT Sunday, February 2: Bethlem Artworks at OLR and STA
17. Save the date:  February 8: Dan Schutte
18. Saturday, February 8: "Clergy Abuse and the Church: Where Do We Go From Here?”
19. Human Concerns: Saturday, February 22: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting
20. Saturday, February 22: SAVE THE DATE For The 22nd Annual Crab Dinner Dance

Outside The Parish:

21. THIS Saturday, January 25: West Coast Walk For Life
22. January 24-January 26: Men’s Discernment Weekend
23. Amid Australia Bushfires, Sydney Archbishop Fisher Encourages Relief Donations
24. Housing Homeless Entails A Conversion Of The Heart
25. Friday, February 7: Upcoming Vallombrosa Events: Women on the Journey : Inspiring Lives
26. Pilgrimage Opportunities in 2020-2021
27. Presider Schedules for the Third Sunday In Ordinary Time, And Sunday Mass Readings

Bonus Information:   PDFs!
——————————————————————————————————————————

1. THIS Saturday, January 25Next Session Pastoral Garden Cleanup

Our next work day is planned for the 4th Saturday in January, the 25th, from 9 to 11:00am (or however much time you can spare).  We’re skipped December due to the holidays.

Thanks to those who came on Saturday, November 23.  Much good work was done.

Please join us for donuts and goodies and whatever good work you will do. This is just behind the Pastoral Center at 3290 Middlefield Road. Easy parking; easy working.

2. THIS Saturday, January 25: Funeral Mass for Anne Ackerman

A funeral Mass will be celebrated Saturday, January 25, at 2:00 p.m. at St. Albert the Great Church. A reception will follow.

Anne Dempsey Ackerman, a resident of Palo Alto for 68 years, died December 28, 2019 after a long life devoted to family and friends. She was born in 1922 in San Francisco to Laura and George Joseph Dempsey and grew up in Burlingame. She married John Michael Ackerman of Portland, Oregon in 1946 and they raised a family of five in Palo Alto. She brought art, music and culture into the family home, and took a deep interest in her children's friends. She was supportive to her husband as he built a thriving engineering consultancy. Many acquaintences and friends preceeded her in death, but they would have remembered her as outgoing and fun-loving. She enjoyed swimming, tennis, bridge, art classes, travel and had been active in the Garden Club of Palo Alto, Filoli, Gamble Garden, St. Thomas Aquinas and St. Albert the Great parishes. She served for many years as a communion minister in Palo Alto and at Stanford Hospital. She will be remembered for loving her husband and family, pets, flowers and color. In her final years and days she was comforted by her children, grandchildren, and loving health aides who had become family.

She was preceeded in death by her husband and is survived by her children – Laurie (Ted), Jody, Jane (Jim), Michael (Patty) and Matthew; grandchildren – Jesse, John B, Teddie, Kevin, Jeffrey, Matthew, John H, Marianne, and Alex; and great grandchildren Evelyn, Oliver, Theo, Ava, Elsa, Josie, Finley and Declan. Wife, mother, Gran Gran – you are forever in our hearts. Rest in the arms of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Gamble Garden.

3. THIS Weekend: Saturday/Sunday January 25-26: Celebrate St. Thomas Aquinas Feast Day

THIS weekend (January 25-26), we will celebrate our patron saint's day. As a Dominican, St. Thomas’ study was both a spiritual and an intellectual discipline—a matter of both heart and mind. The rich fruit of Thomas’ reflection has enlightened the Church with wisdom expressed through academic writing and sacred poetry. His Eucharistic texts continue to inspire faith, especially on Holy Thursday.

4. THIS Weekend: Second Collection for St. Vincent de Paul

Please be generous this weekend in the 2nd collection January 25-26 for our parish St. Vincent de Paul outreach for food, emergency rents and utilities, & other necessities for local families.

Thank you so much for your generous donations. Among the people you are helping with your generous donations is a single mother of 4 working part time jobs to make ends meet. Her children were quite ill with this virus over the previous month, so she was able to work much less. Our rent help is giving her temporary emergency relief.

Pray for her please and for the others we meet as your representatives, precariously housed or homeless, in cars or on the streets.  By your generosity this weekend, you can continue to allow us to reach out.

You are also very welcome to come and see and join our work at the Pastoral Center on Monday and Wednesday. Please join us in our prayerful work at the Pastoral Center and visiting people in their homes.

 Anne Fillin

Parisioner, and St. Vincent de Paul volunteer

5. Celebrated THIS
Weekend:
The Feast of St. Thomas Aquinas

 Remembering good things, nice moments of our life, it’s uplifting and encouraging. Some families like to keep some traditions in order to have an anchor in their journeys. In our Catholic Church we do the same. We remember the saints to help us to renew our motivation and desire to be holy. We practice some devotions to assist us in our day to day life.

This year I want to invite the Parish to commemorate our patron Saint Thomas Aquinas In a more special way. We will dedicate the weekend of January 25/26 to remember him and to ask through his intersession for our personal and parish needs. I encourage you to read about his life. You may be amazed by all he did.

I also want to take advantage of Susan’s Olsen proposal below to commemorate the ‘feast of the Candles’ on the weekend of February 2.

With love, Fr. Stasys

6. NEXT Weekend: Feast Of The Presentation Of The Lord (Candelmas Day)

Next Sunday, February 2, marks forty days since Christmas, and on this date we celebrate the Feast of the Presentation of the Lord. This day recognizes Jesus’ presentation by his parents in the temple on the 40th day after his birth, a Jewish custom which, according to the Gospels, was adhered to by Mary and Joseph. In so doing, they revealed Jesus as the fulfillment of the law.

This feast day falls on a Sunday only once in awhile, so we don’t often have the opportunity to celebrate it. The celebration is also known as Candlemas Day, as traditionally it includes a lighting and blessing of candles.

Candles will be provided for everyone for our special gathering procession at selected Masses, and anyone who wishes to process into the church with a candle will be invited to do so.

You are also invited to bring candles from home if you would like to have them blessed.

NOTE: Watch this space for which Masses will have special candle-lit processions.

7. Wanted: Artists

"Are you an artist?  If you would like to hang your work for a month in the St. Albert the Great Hospitality Center, please contact Ted Baer at tab...@sbcglobal.net or call 650-690-6732.

8. Sunday, January 26: High School Youth Ministry

High School Youth Ministry to will meet again Sunday, January 26 in the Dermody Center after the 10:30 a.m. OLR Mass as we conclude our three-part discussion about Mary, her importance within scripture and the role she should have within our faith journey. All teens are welcome! If you have any questions about the program, please contact Pierina Caligaris at pierina....@dsj.org.

9. Tuesday Spirituality Tuesday: Video Series on the Mass

With our host with Susan Olsen

Part 3: God Speaks Our Story Part 4: Responding to God

Walk through the Liturgy with Bishop Barron and be transformed through insights on this most privileged and intimate encounter with our Lord Jesus Christ. See how the Mass brings us out of the fallen world and into the heavenly realm, how it resonates with a call from God and a response from his people, the Church, and, most importantly, how we are intimately jointed with the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus through the Holy Eucharist. The Mass will help you understand how to fully, consciously, and actively participate in the source and summit of the Christian life.

7:00 pm - 8:30 pm in the Hospitality Center at St. Albert the Great Church.

10. Wednesday, January 29: NO Confirmation Classes

Please note there will be NO class on Wednesday, January 29.

11. Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry

I am looking for more volunteers to assist in our Pastoral Home Ministry. If you are interested in bringing Communion to those homebound or in assisted living faculties and nursing homes, contact me at fon...@hotmail.com.

Mary Fong, Pastoral Home Ministry

12. Volunteer Opportunity: Join The SAG Donuteers

Happy New Year!  The current donut schedule goes through the end of January and we just lost a long time volunteer, so we really need new volunteers.  We have five, but ideally would have eight or nine.  we really are in desperate need of a few families to help out.  If we don't get more families, we might need to switch to offering donuts just twice a month.

Saint Albert the Great Church is looking for volunteers to help with donuts after the 9am Sunday mass.  Commitment is 6-8 Sundays a year. Responsibilities include:

1) purchasing donuts, milk, orange juice and bringing these to the hospitality center
2) preparing coffee
3) supervising donut and coffee gathering after 9 am mass
4) light clean up

For more information (or to volunteer): contact Brigid Farrell at Farrell...@hotmail.com

13. Green Corner: Stepping Down

Green News #34 -

Old Father Time is still pretty spry - Far more than I.

I'm starting to lose a lot of the "git" in my "gitalong", and regretfully I've decided to stop writing my Green Notes for the e-bulletin.

I hope those more than  200 or so letters have kept you up to date on things Green and (sadly) things Black. More Black is threatening.

I urge you to keep up your good work, if you're doing it, or to start now if you're not. Our parish Green Team offers us dedicated leadership on all matters Green. If you're able, please join them as members. If you can't, support and heed them anyway you can. There is peril - and we can't be calm about its approach. (The most recent reports indicate my sundial counts only the cloudy hours.)

Our parish is a founding member of a diocesan group - Steward of our Common Home. We'll be learning more of them from their website and the Valley Catholic.

Vaya con Dios.

Walt Lundin

14. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!

Our Weekly Offering:
   January 19 actual: Delayed by the Martin Luther King. Jr. Holiday
                    Weekly Goal: $12,000

15.  Want To Become A Catholic?

Thinking about becoming Catholic or receiving the Sacraments of First Eucharist or Confirmation? Do you have an interest in becoming Catholic? Were you baptized as a child but have not received the Sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation?

Our adult inquiry sessions continue all year long. For more information about the R.C.I.A. process, please contact Deacon Daniel Hernandez at daniel.h...@dsj.org or Susan Olsen at susanle...@dsj.org

16. NEXT Sunday, February 2: Bethlem Artworks at OLR and STA

Next Sunday, February 2nd, beautiful hand-made olive wood religious articles made by Catholic families in Bethlehem and Jerusalem will be on sale at Our Lady of the Rosary Church after both Masses and St. Thomas Aquinas Church after all Masses.

Please stop by our tables to see our beautiful handmade rosaries, statues, crosses and nativities. They will make a wonderful present for family and friends.

The religious articles are made by the suffering Christian families in the Holy Land, and are their means of spreading the word of Jesus.

17. Saturday, February 8: Dan Schutte

All are invited to attend an 8:30 am Mass followed by 9:00 am sign inand hospitality in the Main Vestibule at St. Simon Church on Saturday, February 8. The topic for this session is “Ministry of Liturgy.” There will be a free-will offering at the door. Dan’s presentation will be from 9:30am – 11:30am. This is a morning of enrichment for liturgical ministers, not just for St. Simon Parish but for all parishes in our diocese and elsewhere. We are all familiar with Dan through his many great compositions, such as “Here I Am Lord,” “You Are Near,” and other songs. To better know how many to expect, RSVP to nora....@dsj.org or 650-494-2496 ext. 14.

18. Saturday, February 8: "Clergy Abuse and the Church: Where Do We Go From Here?”

A conversation with Rosemary Ellmer, Ph.D. on Saturday, February 8, 2020, from 3:00 - 4:30 pm at Our Lady of the Rosary Church Hall, 3233 Cowper St., Palo Alto

At the request of Bishop P.J. McGrath, in the fall of 2018 Dr. Rosemary Ellmer moderated the four diocese-wide listening sessions held to seek input from people in the pews on the pathway to reform and to listen to those victimized by clerical sexual abuse. A licensed clinical psychologist, Dr. Ellmer has worked for over 15 years at Santa Clara University both as an adjunct professor and a clinical psychologist and training director at the University’s counseling center.

19. Human Concerns: Saturday, February 22: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting

We will again gather at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, February 22 in the OLR Hall to work on various human concerns initiatives.  The January 25 was canceled to allow HCC members of attend Anne Ackerman’s funeral Mass. All are welcome.

20. Saturday, February 22: SAVE THE DATE For The 22nd Annual Crab Dinner Dance

Tickets may be obtained from Knights of Columbus now or after Masses on Feb 1/2nd, Feb 8/9th and Feb 15/16th weekends.  Tickets must be purchased in advance.

The KofC Palo Alto Council of STA Parish is asking parishioners for donations of new or gently used items or services (carwashing,wine tasting party, babysitting
hours, progressive dinner,event tickets, etc) for the silent auction table at the Feb 22nd, 2020 Crab Dinner Dance.

Please call Jerry Lucha  (650)424-9660 or Charles Guenzer (650)387-4268 to coordinate drop off of your donations.

Outside The Parish

21. THIS Saturday, January 25: West Coast Walk For Life

 Our parish Confirmation candidates will be participating in the Walk for Life West Coast on January 25. Join them and fellow Catholics and Pro-Lifers from all over California and beyond as we stand up for the littlest among us at the 16th Annual Walk for Life West Coast in San Francisco on January 25, 2020.

There will be Mass at 9:30 AM at St. Mary’s Cathedral celebrated by Archbishop Alexander Sample from Portland,OR. The rally begins at 12:30 PM in San Francisco’s Civic Center Plaza, and the Walk, down Market Street, begins at 1:30PM. Last year’s Walk drew 50,000+ people. For complete information about the Walk, visit www.walkforlifewc.com or call 415-658-1793.to explore the priesthood and learn about the steps for discernment, values of priestly life, and the structure of seminary formation. Our prayer for you is that by fully engaging in the opportunities provided on this retreat you will find more clarity on where God is leading you and that you will better understand God’s movement in your heart. For more info or to register, contact the vocations office: dsj.org/vocations or voca...@dsj.org or 408-983-0155. \

22. THIS WEEKEND: January 24-January 26: Men’s Discernment Weekend

Registration for the free Men’s Discernment Weekend is now open at bit.ly/DSJV-menr20 for Friday 1/24/20 evening to Sunday 1/26 afternoon.

The cost is just An open heart and mind. Find out if God is calling you to the priesthood. You will have the chance to explore the priesthood and learn about the steps for discernment, values of priestly life, and the structure of seminary formation. Our prayer for you is that by fully engaging in the opportunities provided on this retreat you will find more clarity on where God is leading you and that you will better understand God’s movement in your heart. For more info or to register, contact the vocations office: dsj.org/vocations or voca...@dsj.org or 408-983-0155

23. Amid Australia Bushfires, Sydney Archbishop Fisher Encourages Relief Donations

SYDNEY, Australia — Archbishop Anthony Fisher of Sydney urged Mass attendees Sunday to pray for an end to the Australia fires, which have destroyed thousands of homes, and to donate to those affected.

The bushfires in New South Wales, Victoria, and South Australia have killed at least 28, and destroyed more than 2,000 homes. More than 2,400 square miles are now on fire, and some 38,600 square miles have burned.

“We gather in the shadow of a drought that has now lasted for three years and a bushfire season already the most intense in our country’s history,” Archbishop Fisher said during his homily at Mass in St Mary's Cathedral in Sydney Jan. 12.

“[We] stand with all those suffering the destruction of drought and fire, and all those assisting them.”

He applauded the efforts of volunteers and offered prayers for those who have lost property and lives.

“Our mettle as a community is being tested by fire,” he said.

“Together let us pray for a great outpouring of water from the heavens to cleanse our land of destruction and revivify both the bush and our hearts,” he added.

The archbishop applauded the humanitarian efforts of Catholic organizations throughout the country and encouraged parishioners to donate during a special collection at Mass on Jan. 26, Australia Day.

24. Housing Homeless Entails A Conversion Of The Heart

By Bishop Oscar Cantú and Gregory Kepferle

A delightful Christmas tradition, courtesy of the Hispanic culture, is the celebration of Las Posadas, reimagining the journey of Mary and Joseph as they sought shelter in Bethlehem when there was no room at the inn. Reenactors knock on doors in the neighborhood and are ritually turned away, until finally they are welcomed into a church or neighborhood hall for a community celebration.

Tonight in Santa Clara County, nearly 10,000 homeless men, women and children knock on the doors of our hearts as they seek safe shelter and a place to call home. In response, an array of nonprofits and faith communities provide shelter, safe parking, rental assistance and services, while others build affordable housing, including permanent supportive housing for the chronically homeless. We are encouraged by the compassion- ate and practical responses from faith communities, neighbors, the public sector, philanthropy, nonprofits and corporations. Yet the need for housing continues to grow. We can— and must —do more as citizens of Silicon Valley, calling all people of goodwill to explore and find innovative solutions.

The lack of affordable housing and the subsequent increase in homelessness is truly an existential crisis. It is simply not sustainable for our communities. We cannot exist without teachers, firefighters, police officers and service workers. But it is also a moral crisis. It requires, not just a commitment of funding and land, but a conversion of heart, and of attitude, to welcome the stranger, to give our less fortunate brothers and sisters a hand up. It’s not just the high cost of materials and labor or regulations that slow our housing progress. Rather it is our own fears of change, fears of loss of home values, or loss of profits, and loss of our perception of our neighborhood. How do we open our hearts to welcome “the other” into our neighborhood, while we are burdened by such apprehensions or fears? As Scripture reminds us, love casts out fear. And love is shown by our deeds.

The faith community can’t solve the crisis alone, but we are deeply committed to doing what we can in partnership with others. Interfaith congregations and volunteers have stepped up to provide shelter, safe parking or rental assistance to our neighbors. Catholic Charities through its housing development arm, Charities Housing, is building more affordable housing along with other nonprofit developers thanks to Measure A and corporate investments. Thanks to Santa Clara County, Catholic Charities has relaunched a House Sharing program, and through Cathedral Social Ministries provides mailing addresses for nearly 1,000 homeless in downtown San Jose. Interfaith volunteers advocate for affordable housing for seniors in their neighborhoods.

We invite policymakers, corporate leaders, investors, neighbors and people of faith to consider several principles in decisions that affect the housing crisis. Does it support the dignity of the human person? Does it give priority to those who are most vulnerable and who live in poverty? Does it support the common good? Does it promote solidar- ity with “the other”? Does it promote care for the environment? How we choose to respond to the housing crisis speaks to what kind of community we want to become.

Ten thousand of our neighbors who live without housing desperately need a hand up. We encourage congregations to support housing ready communities and we call for coordinated govern- ment policies that address zoning barriers, speed up affordable housing production and fund services as well as shelter and permanent housing. Let’s use the Silicon Valley power of innovation and goodwill to bring dig- nity to these neighbors and set an example of humane solutions for the world.

Oscar Cantú is bishop of the Diocese of San Jose and chair of Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County. Gregory Kepferle is the CEO of Catholic Charities of Santa Clara County and president of Charities Housing.

25. Friday, February 7: Upcoming Vallombrosa Events: Women on the Journey : Inspiring Lives

A retreat for women with Mary Abinante and Renee Duffey
6PM, Friday February 7 to 1PM, Saturday February 8

Companionship is a key component of the spiritual life. We will consider saints and companions in our tradition and in our own lives. Who inspires us? Who gives us strength? Always, we seek to be renewed on our own journey of faith.

The retreat will include presentations, reflection time, conversation, and prayer experiences. You might wish to bring your journal if you use one.

Retreat Facilitators are Mary da Silva Abinante and Renee Duffey. Multiple attendance options available. Please visit vallombrosa.org/calendar or call 650-325-5614 to register.

26. Pilgrimage Opportunities in 2020-2021

Come join our former pastor, Fr. George Aranha, who will be hosting three upcoming Pilgrimages for 2020 and 2021 which will be of interest to you!

(1) Eleven-day Pilgrimage to the Marian Shrines & Barcelona including Fatima, Avila, Loyola and Lourdes - October 5-15, 2020

(2) Twelve-day Pilgrimage to the Holy Land & Rome including a Papal audience February 1-12, 2021

(3) Twelve-day Pilgrimage to Eastern Europe, including Krakow, Prague, Vienna and Budapest September 13-24, 2021

For general information and photographs, please visit https://nativitypilgrimage.com and info@nativity pilgrimage.com
For brochures and registration forms, please visit: www.SantaTeresaChurch.com/pilgrimage
For more information and to register, please contact: Jen Vazquez: J...@SantaTeresaChurch.com
or call Jen at: 1-408-629-7777

27. Presider Schedules for the Third Sunday In Ordinary Time, And Sunday Mass Readings

Sunday Mass readings (English): http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/012620.cfm
Sunday Mass readings (Spanish):    http://www.usccb.org/bible/lecturas/012620.cfm

5:00 p.m. Saturday: St. Albert the Great: Fr. Stasys (Music: Paul Prochaska)
7:30 a.m. St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. Stasys (Music: sing along with recorded music)
8:45 a.m. St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. Kevin Ballard ( Music: singing with a live music group)
9:00 a.m. St. Albert the Great: Fr. Sev  (Music: Chris Lundin and SAG Choir)
9:00 a.m. Our Lady of the Rosary: Fr. Stasys (Music: José Perez and Hispanic Coro)
10:30 a.m. Our Lady of the Rosary: Fr. Stasys (Music: Chris Lundin and OLR Choir)
10:30 a.m. St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. Sev (Music: Instrumental Ensemble and Women's Choir directed by Paul Prochaska)
Noon: St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. Anselm Ramelow (Music: Gregorian chant and Renaissance motets with St. Ann Choir)

The eBulletin is an initiative of our parish Communications Board, whose ministry it is to improve communications in our parish.

As of today, our parish eBulletin is sent to 428 parish families! (closed (bouncing) accounts recently removed). Pass the word! Who will be Family No. 429? If you are interested in receiving the eBulletin on a weekly basis, send an email request to clu...@stanford.edu.  You will be added to "PaloAltoCatho...@googlegroups.com" which is used to send out the eBulletin each Friday morning.

Always Useful Information:
Parish Online Giving: https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=357
Parish Elder Care Resources: Call/leave a message at the Pastoral Home Ministry (494-2496, ext. 22) Call a priest at the rectory at 327-8222
St. Thomas Aquinas Parish Online Calendar*: http://www.mychurchevents.com/calendar/calendar.aspx?ci=L6M7J4G1J4H2O9L6I3
Steeple Talk Newsletter: http://www.paloaltocatholic.net/index.cfm?load=page&page=202 (see left sidebar)
Diocese of San Jose: http://www.dsj.org/
The Valley Catholic (Diocesan newspaper: http://tvc.dsj.org
Diocese of San Jose EthicsPoint Hotline (1-888-325-7863) - to report financial misconduct
Diocese of San Jose Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults:  (408) 983-0113 or protection@dsj.org
Vatican YouTube site: http://www.youtube.com/vatican
H20 Catholic News Service: http://www.h2onews.org/english.html
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops: http://www.usccb.org/
Daily Scripture reflections: http://www.usccb.org/bible/reflections/
Mass Times While Traveling: http://www.masstimes.org/txt/
Courage (same-sex attraction support group): 650-450-2286 or email grc...@sbcglobal.net
Salt + Light Blog: http://www.saltandlighttv.org/blog
St. Vincent de Paul Auto Donation Phone number: 1-800-322-8284
Trafficking: National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 888-373-7888 (toll-free hotline 24 hours/day)
Trafficking: California Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking at 888-KEY-2FREEDOM. Texts can also be sent to “BE FREE,” or 233733.  (toll-free hotline 24 hours/day)
Catholic Charities (Diocese of San Jose): Elder Care Line and Homecare: (408) 831-0441
Catholic Charities (Diocese of San Jose): Senior Activity Centers, in San Jose and Sunnyvale (408) 270-4900
Catholic Charities (Diocese of San Jose): Behavior Health Clinic in downtown San Jose (408)-899-7160
Each Thursday: Mothers’ Prayers After 8:30 A.M. OLR Daily MasMothers Prayers is our name.  Mothers Prayers was started in England in November 1995 and has spread rapidly throughout the world with contacts in over 100 countries and has the approval, support and blessing of Christian leaders of all denominations. There are now thousands of groups around the world and we are one of them.  In a 20 minute prayer, we bring all the pain and the worries we have for our children to the Lord and we trust in His words 'Ask and you will receive'. Through this promise, the Lord is just waiting to take away pain and to bless and heal us and our children when we come to Him in Faith.
It takes place every Thursday morning right after 8:30am Mass at Our Lady of the Rosary Church, in Kerry’s Corner, and you are very welcome to join us. Questions? Call Justine Franklin at (650) 387-1653 or justine_...@yahoo.com

* If you know of events or recurring meetings which should be added to the calendar, please send them to clu...@stanford.edu, and we will work to get the calendar updated.