Parish eBulletin - Volume 13, No. 10, March 6, 2020

Chris Lundin

Mar 6, 2020, 11:45:09 AM3/6/20
to 'terry atkinson' via PaloAltoCatholic-EBulletin

St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
The Catholic Community of Palo Alto, California

St. Thomas Aquinas parish is a Roman Catholic community of disciples
working together for the glory of God and our spiritual growth in Jesus, the Christ.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we live and share the Gospel
through worship, education and service.

Parish eBulletin - Volume 13, No. 10 - March 6, 2020

Wonderful New Parishioner-Led Volunteer Activity

Table of Contents:
1. From The Desk Of The Pastor: Corona Virus
2. THIS Sunday, March 8: Turn Your Clocks Ahead
3. Get Up - Do Not Fear
4. THIS Sunday, March 8: STA High School Youth Ministry
5. THIS Sunday, March 8: OLR Site Committee Meets With Fr. Stasys; Everyone Invited
6. THIS Tuesday, March 10:  Spirituality Tuesday Assembly: Video series on the Mass
 7. THIS Wednesday, March 11: Peaceful Presence
8. Thursday, March 12: Taize Prayer
9. Parents Of Young Kids?
10. Green Corner: Parish Solar Savings: 1/1/2015 to 12/31/2019
11. Wednesday, March 11: Confirmation Class: Plus SAVE March 14
12. Volunteer Opportunity: New Parishioner-Led Project: Take Them A Meal
13. Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry
15. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!
16. Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020
14. Wednesday, March 18: S.O.U.P (Sharing Ourselves with Undernourished People)
15. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!
16. Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020
17. Want To Become A Catholic?
18. Saturday, March 14: Annual Parish St. Patrick’s Day Dinner/Celebration
19. Human Concerns: March 14-15 Parish Collection for Seton School 2nd Grade Summer Reading Growth
20. Saturday, March 21: Lenten Morning Retreat
21. Saturday, March 28: Next Pastoral Garden Maintenance
22. Human Concerns: Saturday, March 28: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting
23. Save the Date - Monday, May 11 - Seton Golf Tournament and Silent & Live Auction

Outside The Parish:

24. Weekly Intercessions
25. Catholic Community @Stanford Mass Changes In Response to Coronavirus
26. Sunday, March 14: Wedding Anniversary Celebration 2020
27. Pius XII Archives Offer More Than the Pontificate’s War Record
28. Friday, April 10: Live Re-Enactment of Good Friday Events
29. Pilgrimage Opportunities in 2020-2021
30. Presider Schedules for the Second Sunday of Lent,  And Sunday Mass Readings

Bonus Information:   Papal Cartoon
————————————————————————————————————————

1. From The Desk Of The Pastor: Corona Virus

As for Corona Virus, no major instructions other than the normal precautions that everyone already knows. We will keep paying attention. We are not closing Churches or pausing Sunday masses. If anything would change I will notify you.

Fr. Stasys

As you know, the Diocese of San José has been closely monitoring the outbreak of the coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, both locally and beyond Santa Clara County. Our goal is to ensure the safety of our clergy, religious, parishioners, students, employees, volunteers, and to support our public health agencies with community mitigation efforts when appropriate.

With the guidance of the Santa Clara County Department of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, we assure you of our support as you prepare our parishes and schools to take additional measures in response to coronavirus concerns as needed.

We continue to follow the adapted liturgical practices, which were instituted at all our parishes on December 1 2019, in light of the flu season as precautionary measures, and to which we have added a new precaution. Bishop Oscar Cantú asks that, effective immediately, priests announce the following liturgical adaptations at the beginning of each Mass:

1. Priests, deacons, and extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion are to wash their hands before Mass begins and use an alcohol-based anti-bacterial solution before and after distributing Holy Communion.

2. All holy water and baptismal fonts are to be emptied of holy water. If the liturgy requires the use of holy water, it should be disposed of appropriately afterwards. Priests are to wash their hands before and after using the sacred oils. (The holy water fonts and baptismal fonts at STA, SAG and OLR will be emptied.)

3. The faithful are not to hold hands during the recitation of the Our Father.

4. The faithful are not to make physical contact when exchanging the Sign of Peace; rather, they are to use other ways, such as bowing to one another.

5. Holy Communion is to be distributed to the faithful under the species of consecrated bread only. The cup is not to be used during this time.

6. The consecrated bread is to be distributed in the hand and not on the tongue of the faithful.

Bishop Oscar Cantú reminds the faithful that if they are sick, the requirement to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation is dispensed. He also has asked all priests, deacons, teachers, catechists, students, employees, and volunteers to stay home when they are sick.

In accord with directives from the Santa Clara County Public Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the faithful should continue their regular routines while exercising the same precautions they would take during cold and flu season:

1. Get a flu shot to protect against flu or symptoms like the one for the novel coronavirus. The flu shot will not protect against COVID-19, but it is highly recommended to help keep you healthy.

2. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use at least a 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.

3. Cough into a tissue or your elbow (not your hand). Then throw the tissue away and wash your hands. 4. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
5. Avoid contact with people who are sick.
6. Stay home when you are sick or with a fever.

7. Keep students at home if they have a fever or report not feeling well, appear weak or ill.

8. Consult your health care provider if you or your family member have special health conditions that put you at increased risk.

9. Those at higher risk (over 50 years of age, and those with cardiovascular disease, diabetes, cancer, heart disease, or chronic lung illnesses like COPD, as well as those who are immunocompromised) are to avoid large gatherings such as sporting events, parades, concerts, etc., where large numbers of people are within arm’s length of one another.

10. Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.

Our school and parish communities should take precautions to keep their sites disinfected and clean. Commonly shared surfaces should be wiped down frequently with disinfectants and chlorine containing cleansers to protect the health and well-being of our communities.

We remind you that the County Public Health Department has a webpage dedicated to COVID-19 in English, Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese at http://sccphd.org/coronavirus. The site is updated regularly and contains helpful one-page flyers in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and Vietnamese with these updated guidelines that you may wish to print out and post in your vestibule or office.

We will continue to closely monitor the updated guidance from the County Public Health Department and the CDC to determine the need for additional safety steps. We join with others in prayer and solidarity for the healing of all who are affected by this outbreak and those who are caring for them, and for the repose of the souls of those who have died from this illness.

We place our faith in our loving and merciful Father, asking him to strengthen and guide us during this time.

Sincerely, Fr. Hao Dinh

Vicar General

Jennifer Beltramo

Superintendent of Schools

2. THIS Sunday, March 8: Turn Your Clocks Ahead

Remember to turn your clocks ahead one hour on Sunday, March 8.

3. Get Up - Do Not Fear

How many times in the midst of hard trials or difficulties have we asked ourselves, "Is God among us or not?” How many times have we wanted or would like God to speak to us when, for example, we seek a light to guide us in our life or to make an important decision, when we find ourselves in a distressing situation? And if we hear nothing, we think that "God does not speak to us."

God speaks, and in Christ he speaks loudly, but rarely do we run to him. We close our ears because what He says is not what we would like to hear. Yes, the word of God can make us uncomfortable because it demands changes. It demands radical options and renunciations that we are not always willing to make. It requires us to embrace the Cross when we do not want to suffer. It demands so many more things that we will not necessarily like. In Christ, his Son, God has spoken and continues to speak to those among us who are willing to listen. His words are those seeds that God asks us to welcome in our hearts: "This is my beloved Son, listen to him." (Mc 9.7)

Jesus tells his disciples: "Get up, do not fear." Like them, we cannot stay on top of the mountain contemplating the marvelous divinity of our Lord Jesus or be filled with fear when we hear God’s voice. We have to leave the mountain, go down to the plain, and follow the road to Jerusalem, although on this road we will find many difficulties. Abraham received a calling from God who invited him to leave everything known to him. His heart was faithful, and he trusted God even in the most difficult test. We, too, are called every day to get on the road and to trust.

We don’t know what each day has in store for us, but there is a promise and blessing always when we are faithful to that call. There are fruits that give life to others and fill us with life. Not responding usually means conformism, routine, attachment, emptiness, sterility, fear.

May we open our hearts to God’s voice this Lent. May each one of us be a gift and a blessing for others by going out of ourselves and being there for those who need us, feel lost or disoriented in life.

Maria de Jesus Gutierrez, Director of Hispanic Ministry

4. THIS Sunday, March 8: STA High School Youth Ministry

Our usual meeting after the 10:30 am Mass at Our Lady of the Rosary in the Dermody Center. Contact Pierina at pierina....@dsj.org with any questions!

5. THIS Sunday, March 8: OLR Site Committee Meets With Fr. Stasys; Everyone Invited

   Plan to join us on March 8, 2020 at the OLR Site Committee meeting! Father Stasys will meet with us to discuss ideas for initiatives for parishioners at the OLR site. We will meet at Kerry's Corner after the 10:30 AM OLR Mass.

6. THIS Tuesday, March 10:  Spirituality Tuesday Assembly: Video series on the Mass

 Part 5: Preparing for Sacrifice; Part 6: The Real Presence Creates Communion

With our host Susan Olsen

Walk through the Liturgy with Bishop Barron and be transformed through insights on this most privileged and intimate encounter with our Lord Jesus Christ. See how the Mass brings us out of the fallen world and into the heavenly realm, how it resonates with a call from God and a response from his people, the Church, and, most importantly, how we are intimately joined with the Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity of Jesus through the Holy Eucharist.

7:00 - 8:30 pm at the Hospitality Center at St. Albert the Great Church.

Bishop Robert Barron is the founder of Word on Fire Catholic Ministries and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles.

 7. THIS Wednesday, March 11: Peaceful Presence

Peaceful Presence: sponsored by Multifaith Prayers for Peace & Justice (of which our parish is a member)
Wednesday, March 11, 7-7:30pm
 First Congregational Church of Palo Alto, 1985 Louis Road, Palo Alto 94303

8. THIS Thursday, March 12: Taize Prayer

Taize Prayer (SPIRITUALITY TUESDAY (on Thursday!) ASSEMBLIES events) - is a time for connecting with the Spirit in joy and gratitude and nurturing the presence of God within.  Join us on Thursday evenings during Lent: March 12, 19, 26, April 2, at 7 PM at Our Lady of the Rosary Church.

9. Parents Of Young Kids?

Do you have a “small person” living in your household?  Are you interested in sharing ideas with other new parents?
If so, please respond. Another eBulletin reader is interested in formed a New Parents Group if there is sufficient interest.

10. Green Corner: Parish Solar Savings: 1/1/2015 to 12/31/2019

YEAR  OLR         SAG.   Total
2015 $5,684 $0         $ 5,684
2016 $5,684 $5,618 $11,302
2017 $6,183 $6,443 $12,625
2018 $6,664 $6,965 $13,629
2019 $6,726 $8,171 $14,897

      $30,941 $27,197 $58,138

11. Wednesday, March 11: Confirmation Class: Plus SAVE March 14

We will be meeting Wednesday, March 11, plus SAVE The DATE: Inviting ALL 2020 Confirmation Candidates to an Inspiring And Meaningful 1/2 day Retreat:  Confirmation: It's Just the Beginning" on Saturday, March 14th, 8:30AM-1:30PM at the Thomas House (next door to St. Thomas Aquinas Church.)

Contact Carmel Caligaris questions at ccali...@setonpaloalto.org

12. Volunteer Opportunity: New Parishioner-Led Project: Take Them A Meal

Please join a new parishioner lead project, which will provide Sunday dinner to our priests. Named, Take Our Priests A Meal, the meal project is an outreach program that lets the parish priests know they are appreciated. To participate, parishioners cook and deliver a meal on the busiest day of the week for the priests, Sunday. If you chose to join, you will pick a date that is convenient for your schedule and prepare a meal for three; Fr. Stasys, Fr. Sev, and Fr. Maurice. There are no food allergies, although dietary stipulations include low salt and mild to medium spice. Also, if beef is served, please include an alternative dish such as chicken, pork, or seafood for one.

Delivery is set on Sunday between 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM to the Saint Albert the Great rectory. Located in the rectory carport is a blue Igloo cooler where prepared food will be placed inside. Our priests are not always home for dinner at 5 PM, but they are happy to reheat the meal when arriving back in the evening.

If you have further questions or you are ready to sign-up, please reach out to Julie Sanford at julsan@umich. edu or by phone, 408-829-8717. For Spanish speakers, please contact Raquel Fleischmann at rqbe...@gmail.com or by telephone @ 650-739-5830

13. Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry

I am looking for more volunteers to assist in our Pastoral Home Ministry. If you are interested in bringing Communion to those homebound or in assisted living faculties and nursing homes, contact me at fon...@hotmail.com.

Mary Fong, Pastoral Home Ministry

14. Wednesday, March 18: S.O.U.P (Sharing Ourselves with Undernourished People)

will be hosted at Our Lady of the Rosary Hall on the following Wednesdays during Lent at 5:45 PM: March 18, and April 1. The basic plan for SOUP is simple.  Three families bring soup to the meeting and a few bring wine and juice. Each person brings a bowl and crackers or bread.  We then have a simple dinner. Donations will be accepted for Fr. Jack Donald’s Central American Ministry, along with other worthy charitable causes.

15. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!

Our Weekly Offering
March 1 Actual :  $11,080
          Weekly Goal : $12,000

16. Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020

ADA - Our Annual Diocesan Appeal began last weekend. Fr. Stasys hopes that each family discern what kind of a pledge they can offer. Our parish goal is $144,750. This is doable with all parishioners pledging according to their means. Thank you for sharing God's gifts!

UPDATE: 3/08/20

ADA Goal: $144,750

Pledged: $69,465

# Donors: 102

% of Goal: 48

The 2020 Annual Diocesan Appeal requests your help to meet our parish goal!

17  Want To Become A Catholic?

Are you an adult who has been Baptized and received Eucharist but missed the Sacrament of Confirmation? WE WANT YOU!! NOW IS THE TIME!!

It’s time to step forward and complete your initiation into the Catholic Church. We will begin a series of preparation sessions for Confirmation for adults (post-high school and up) on Saturday, March 7 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon in the Dermody Center. If you are interested in participating or have questions, please contact Susan in the Faith Formation Office or at susanle...@dsj.org. Hoping to see many people step forward to receive this important sacrament that seals our commitment to the Church, completes our Baptismal Grace, and strengthens us with the Holy Spirit.

18. Saturday, March 14: Annual Parish St. Patrick’s Day Dinner/Celebration

Saturday, March 14th is the date of the Parish Annual St. Patrick's Day Dinner/Celebration! The party starts immediately after the 5 p.m. Mass at St. Albert the Great in the Elizabeth Seton School Gym.

Tickets are $15.00 for adults and $5.00 for children and go on sale again this weekend Buy your tickets early, as we do sell-out! For more information or to volunteer, call Helen Baumann (650) 327-9236, or Jerry Buday (215) 459-4387

NOTE: Due to the Corona Virus, consideration is being given to postponing or canceling the St. Patrick’s Day celebration this year; advice will be emailed out to this list.

19. Human Concerns: March 14-15 Parish Collection for Seton School 2nd Grade Summer Reading Growth

Our parish collection for new books for Seton 2nd grade students books will be held on the weekend of March 14-15.   Your generosity in past years has provided a package of 5-7 books for each 2nd grade student to read at homeduring the long summer weeks.  These emerging readers benefit from this educational opportunity inspiring them to read, learn and share these books with others while maintaining skills during their school break.

Last year, each 2nd grader received 4 favorite individual choices which was a real winner!  Recent feedback from those students was very positive!

Any cash donations may be given to a Human Concerns rep after each mass that weekend.  We are happy to shop for you!  You will see lots of smiling faces in photos of the handing-out event come June.

The Human Concerns Committee

20. Saturday, March 21: Lenten Morning Retreat

Fr. Kevin Ballard, S.J., will lead a Lenten morning retreat, “Making Room YOURSELF for Getting to Know God:  How are you GIVING IN for Lent?.”

Come to St. Albert the Great Hospitality Center, 1095 Channing Ave., Palo Alto, from 9:00 am till noon for this time to listen, reflect, discuss, and meditate on Fr. Ballard’s unique blend of soul work and humor.

Light refreshments will be available.  No cost to attend, although donations to the sponsoring group, the Thomas Merton Center, are appreciated.

21. Saturday, March 28: Next Pastoral Garden Maintenance

Thanks to Eleanor, Laura, Veronica, Heike, Liza, Mary Ann and Arlen who gathered on a beautiful morning last Saturday, weeded garden beds and the center oval, and made a big dent in the spring cleanup tasks of the Pastoral Garden.  Thank you, Chris, for the tasty donut treats and the refreshing jug of water!
Our next work day is planned for the 4th Saturday in March, the 28th, from 9 to 11:30am (or however much time you can spare).

Some signs of spring last Saturday in the garden (see at the end of today’s eBulletin)

Thanks to those who came on Saturday, February 22.  Much good work was done.

Please join us for donuts and goodies and whatever good work you will do. This is just behind the Pastoral Center at 3290 Middlefield Road. Easy parking; easy working.

22. Human Concerns: Saturday, March 28: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting

We will again gather at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 28 in the OLR Hall to work on various human concerns initiatives.

23. Save the Date - Monday, May 11 - Seton Golf Tournament and Silent & Live Auction

Golfers and Guests - Join us for our 25th Annual Seton Scramble for Students - Monday, May 11th, 2020 - a SILVER Anniversary! Not only do you get to golf at Stanford, but so much more! Enjoy a Hobees breakfast, a lovely boxed-lunch, beverages and snacks throughout the day, and a delicious Coupa Café buffet dinner reception (including wine, beer and beverages). Non-golfers, please join us also for our fun reception at 4PM. (There’s a suggested donation of $25 for each guest). Tournament Prizes, a Silent and Live Auction and a terrific dinner with a little student entertainment makes for a lovely afternoon on the green by the 18th Hole.

All proceeds directly support tuition assistance for students at St. Elizabeth Seton School.
Registration at www.setonpaloalto.org

(Be sure to take advantage of the Early Bird Pricing before 4/17/20) Any questions or to RSVP for the tournament, Contact Carmel Caligaris at Devel...@setonpaloalto.org or 650-326-1258

Outside The Parish

24. Weekly Intercessions

From Martin Buber’s, “Between Man and Man”

“Trust, trust in the world, because this human being exists - that is the most inward achievement of the relation in education. Because this human being exists, meaninglessness, however hard pressed you are by it, cannot be the real truth. Because this human being exists, in the darkness the light lies hidden, in fear salvation, and in the callousness of one's fellow-men the great Love.”

  •  In a time of increased indifference to the plight of migrants and escalating violence against refugees here, Greece, Italy and Spain. let us pray that all those who are fleeing desolate poverty, violence and war will find refuge and those caring for refugees be protected from fascists, nationalists and racists.
  •  In a time of COVID-19 panic, misinformation and governmental incompetence, let us pray for scientists and health care workers who are providing care for the sick and information to the general public. We pray especially for the scientists who risk their careers by putting care for others above politics.
  • In a time of a widening wealth gap and increased poverty resulting in displacement from rising costs of housing and food insecurity, let us pray for those who struggle to keep their families together, clothed, sheltered and fed and those who care for the neediest among us.
  • In a time of political fear and social anxiety, that those who long for stability and social progress not give up on the vision of a country that believes in equality, respect, social justice and accountability.
(Taken from Fr. Jon Pedigo’s weekly email)

25. Catholic Community @Stanford Mass Changes In Response to Coronavirus

FYI; St. Thomas Aquinas Parish is planning NO similar restrictions.

As a precaution against the spread of the coronavirus, the University is limiting all events to no more than 150 people. University sites will be closed at the 151stperson.

4:30 Mass in Memorial Church: Those turned away (after we have reached 150 people in the Church) will be directed to a 4:40 PM Mass in the Oak Room in Tresidder Union (which is also limited to 150 people).

The 10:30 Mass in Koret and the 9 PM Mass in Memorial Church should be unaffected, but we will be closing admittance at the 151st person.

Those turned away without an alternative Mass are dispensed from that Sunday’s Mass obligation.

26. Sunday, March 14: Wedding Anniversary Celebration 2020

9:30 - 10:30am
Cathedral Basilica of Saint Joseph, San Jose
Couples celebrating their Wedding Anniversaries (1st – 5th, 25th, 40th, 50th, and greater) this year are invited to attend the celebration Mass at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Joseph in downtown San Jose.

27. Pius XII Archives Offer More Than the Pontificate’s War Record

By Edward Pentin
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican today opened archives relating to Pope Pius XII’s pontificate, and as historians and researchers begin to scour some 2 million documents for information, most attention will be paid to what they reveal about Pius’ actions and attitudes toward the Jews and the Nazis during the Second World War.

But it is what is disclosed about other historical matters that might ultimately be more significant.

Historians and commentators on both sides of the so-called “Pius Wars” debate have long wished for the archives to be opened to know what really happened during those tumultuous years and whether or not Pius did enough to oppose the Nazis and help the Jews.

But a good deal of the documentation during that time has already been released to the public that — according to those who unearthed it, such as Gary Krupp, founder of the Pave the Way Foundation — is sufficient to quash speculation over Pius XII’s war record and just needs to be consulted.

Equally if not more interesting, therefore, will be what new information the documents reveal about other events of a pontificate that stretched from 1939 to 1958 — a “complex and dramatic” period, the Vatican said on Saturday, in which “disputes and turmoil were born in the Church and society that would develop in the following years.”

28. Friday, April 10: Live Re-Enactment of Good Friday Events

We invite you to join a live re-enactment of Good Friday events at St. Francis in East Palo Alto. It is a not-to-be-missed experience within a very diverse and loving community.

Good Friday, April 10 at 5:00 pm
Park cars behind St. Francis of Assisi Church
1425 Bay Rd. near University Ave, East Palo Alto, CA

Re-enactment begins in Jack Farrell Park, 2509 Fordham Rd. a short walk from St. Francis

Procession will walk from park back to St. Francis church where final events will take place.
29. Pilgrimage Opportunities in 2020-2021

Come join our former pastor, Fr. George Aranha, who will be hosting three upcoming Pilgrimages for 2020 and 2021 which will be of interest to you!

(1) Eleven-day Pilgrimage to the Marian Shrines & Barcelona including Fatima, Avila, Loyola and Lourdes - October 5-15, 2020

(2) Twelve-day Pilgrimage to the Holy Land & Rome including a Papal audience February 1-12, 2021

(3) Twelve-day Pilgrimage to Eastern Europe, including Krakow, Prague, Vienna and Budapest September 13-24, 2021

For general information and photographs, please visit https://nativitypilgrimage.com and info@nativity pilgrimage.com
For brochures and registration forms, please visit: www.SantaTeresaChurch.com/pilgrimage
For more information and to register, please contact: Jen Vazquez: J...@SantaTeresaChurch.com
or call Jen at: 1-408-629-7777

30. Presider Schedules for the Second Sunday of Lent,  And Sunday Mass Readings

Sunday Mass readings (English): http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/030820.cfm
Sunday Mass readings (Spanish): http://www.usccb.org/bible/lecturas/030820.cfm

5:00 p.m. Saturday: St. Albert the Great: Fr. Sev (Music: Paul Prochaska)
7:30 a.m. St. Thomas Aquinas:  Fr. Sev  (Music: sing along with recorded music)
8:45 a.m. St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. Larry Percell ( Music: singing with a live music group)
9:00 a.m. St. Albert the Great: Fr. Sev (Music: Chris Lundin and SAG Choir)
9:00 a.m. Our Lady of the Rosary: Fr. Stasys (Music: José Perez and Hispanic Coro)
10:30 a.m. Our Lady of the Rosary: Fr. Maurice (Music: Chris Lundin and OLR Choir)
10:30 a.m. St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. Stasys (Music: Instrumental Ensemble and Women's Choir directed by Paul Prochaska)
Noon: St. Thomas Aquinas: Fr. TBD (Music: Gregorian chant and Renaissance motets with St. Ann Choir)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

The eBulletin is an initiative of our parish Communications Board, whose ministry it is to improve communications in our parish.

As of today, our parish eBulletin is sent to 428 parish families! (closed (bouncing) accounts recently removed). Pass the word! Who will be Family No. 429? If you are interested in receiving the eBulletin on a weekly basis, send an email request to clu...@stanford.edu.  You will be added to "PaloAltoCatho...@googlegroups.com" which is used to send out the eBulletin each Friday morning.

Always Useful Information:
Parish Online Giving: https://www.myowngiving.com/Default.aspx?cid=357
Parish Elder Care Resources: Call/leave a message at the Pastoral Home Ministry (494-2496, ext. 22) Call a priest at the rectory at 327-8222
St. Thomas Aquinas Parish Online Calendar*: http://www.mychurchevents.com/calendar/calendar.aspx?ci=L6M7J4G1J4H2O9L6I3
Steeple Talk Newsletter: http://www.paloaltocatholic.net/index.cfm?load=page&page=202 (see left sidebar)
Diocese of San Jose: http://www.dsj.org/
The Valley Catholic (Diocesan newspaper: http://tvc.dsj.org
Diocese of San Jose EthicsPoint Hotline (1-888-325-7863) - to report financial misconduct
Diocese of San Jose Office for the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults:  (408) 983-0113 or protection@dsj.org
Vatican YouTube site: http://www.youtube.com/vatican
H20 Catholic News Service: http://www.h2onews.org/english.html
U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops: http://www.usccb.org/
Daily Scripture reflections: http://www.usccb.org/bible/reflections/
Mass Times While Traveling: http://www.masstimes.org/txt/
Courage (same-sex attraction support group): 650-450-2286 or email grc...@sbcglobal.net
Salt + Light Blog: http://www.saltandlighttv.org/blog
St. Vincent de Paul Auto Donation Phone number: 1-800-322-8284
Trafficking: National Human Trafficking Resource Center at 888-373-7888 (toll-free hotline 24 hours/day)
Trafficking: California Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking at 888-KEY-2FREEDOM. Texts can also be sent to “BE FREE,” or 233733.  (toll-free hotline 24 hours/day)
Catholic Charities (Diocese of San Jose): Elder Care Line and Homecare: (408) 831-0441
Catholic Charities (Diocese of San Jose): Senior Activity Centers, in San Jose and Sunnyvale (408) 270-4900
Catholic Charities (Diocese of San Jose): Behavior Health Clinic in downtown San Jose (408)-899-7160
Each Thursday: Mothers’ Prayers After 8:30 A.M. OLR Daily MasMothers Prayers is our name.  Mothers Prayers was started in England in November 1995 and has spread rapidly throughout the world with contacts in over 100 countries and has the approval, support and blessing of Christian leaders of all denominations. There are now thousands of groups around the world and we are one of them.  In a 20 minute prayer, we bring all the pain and the worries we have for our children to the Lord and we trust in His words 'Ask and you will receive'. Through this promise, the Lord is just waiting to take away pain and to bless and heal us and our children when we come to Him in Faith.
It takes place every Thursday morning right after 8:30am Mass at Our Lady of the Rosary Church, in Kerry’s Corner, and you are very welcome to join us. Questions? Call Justine Franklin at (650) 387-1653 or justine_...@yahoo.com

* If you know of events or recurring meetings which should be added to the calendar, please send them to clu...@stanford.edu, and we will work to get the calendar updated.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Chris Lundin

Mar 20, 2020, 12:43:44 PM3/20/20
to PaloAltoCatholic-EBulletin
St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
The Catholic Community of Palo Alto, California

St. Thomas Aquinas parish is a Roman Catholic community of disciples
working together for the glory of God and our spiritual growth in Jesus, the Christ.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we live and share the Gospel
through worship, education and service.

Parish eBulletin - Volume 13, No. 12 - March 20, 2020

Public Masses and Parish Events Cancelled Due To Coronavirus
Live Cast of Mass by Fr. Stasys Planned for Sunday (Link to follow later today)

Table of Contents:
1.  A Note From The Pastor
2.  Parish Meetings Canceled or Postponed
3.  Operation Rice Bowl Is Still Active
4.  Updated Information from the Diocese of San Jose
5.  CANCELED until further notice:  STA High School Youth Ministry
6.  CANCELED until further notice:  Spirituality Tuesday Assembly
7.  CANCELED until further notice: Confirmation Class
8.  CANCELED until further notice: S.O.U.P (Sharing Ourselves with Undernourished People)
9.  CANCELED until further notice: Taize Prayer
10.  Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry
11.  Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!
12.  Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020
13.  Want To Become A Catholic?
14.  Human Concerns: Seton School 2nd Grade Summer Reading Growth
15.  CANCELED: Saturday, March 21: Lenten Morning Retreat - to be rescheduled
16.  CANCELED for Saturday, March 28: Next Pastoral Garden Maintenance
17.  Human Concerns: Saturday, March 28: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting
18.  Save the Date - Monday, May 11 - Seton Golf Tournament and Silent & Live Auction

Outside The Parish
19.  Friday, April 10: Live Re-Enactment of Good Friday Events
20.  Article about the Church sustaining itself during the pandemic crisis:
21.  Presider Schedules for the Third Sunday of Lent,  And Sunday Mass Readings

————————————————————————————————————————

1. A Note From The Pastor

Dear Parishioners,

“Peace be with you.” I offer Jesus’ greeting to his disciples in these challenging times, and I say again, “Peace be with you.” I hope that we may all experience our Lord’s peace in our hearts. I acknowledge that the current situation is all so strange, so uncertain. Many of us may face major challenges. Physical and mental health may be impacted. Family finances may be a huge worry for many. I truly ask for Jesus’ peace for all of us.

I need your help. The parish needs your help.

As a member of St. Thomas Aquinas Parish and the one responsible for our community, I wish to appeal to your ongoing generosity to be able
to secure parish employees’ salaries, the payment of bills and making other necessary payments. I am asking you to please continue your Sunday contributions even though we are not gathering for Mass. I am not asking for more than you usually give, and I assure you this is not
 a new fundraiser or something similar. I want to be sensitive to your family needs. So, if your finances allow during this stressful time, please consider mailing your regular financial offerings to the parish office (3290 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, 94306) or enrolling in our online giving system on our webpage at https://paloaltocatholic.net/. If you are able to continue to support our community financially, you may send your contribution weekly or, if you prefer, make a monthly payment. We will continue to process your donations and keep records for your tax deductions.

What we are doing?

The decision to close our Churches came to us on Friday 03/13/2020.  I have already instructed staff to reduce our expenses only to what is strictly and immediately necessary. I will also work to provide spiritual support online through our webpage. We, the priests, will continue to celebrate Mass (private, with no congregation) to ask for everyone’s needs. We will also think of ways to stay together during our social distancing.

I thank you for your generosity. I love our community and wish all of you well.

Fr. Estanislao Mikalonis (Fr. Stasys), Pastor

2. Parish Meetings Canceled or Postponed

+ Spirituality Tuesday sessions are cancelled until further notice.

+ S.O.U.P. is canceled through March & early April dates.

+ High School Ministry is cancelled until further notice.

+ Confirmation Class is cancelled until further notice. (But students are expected to read the assignments.)

+ TAIZÉ PRAYER is canceled through Lent.

+ Other parish meetings may be cancelled or switched to conference calls if possible. Please look for emails or notices for group meetings.

3. Operation Rice Bowl Is Still Active

Operation Rice Bowl is a simple way to experience Lenten prayer, fasting and almsgiving and provide great assis tance to many people in need through the work ofCatholic Relief Services. If you picked up a rice bowl at church, you can continue using it. You can also pick one up at the Pastoral Center as long as we are open. The Rice Bowl reminds you of your commitment to pray and give alms for your brothers and sisters around the world in need during Lent. Bring your rice bowl to Mass on Palm Sunday, if Mass is held or drop it off at the Pastoral Center.

4. Updated Information from the Diocese of San Jose

For more updates on coronavirus from the diocese of San Jose, see their website:

https://www.dsj.org/coronavirus/

You can also find links to live or taped video Masses in our area.

Livestream Mass available on Sunday March 22 at https://www.facebook.com/DioceseSanJose/
10:00 am English with Bishop Oscar Cantú
11:00 am Spanish with Bishop Oscar Cantú
12:00 pm Vietnamese with Fr. Has Dinh

5. CANCELED until further notice: STA High School Youth Ministry

Canceled due to the Coronavirus.  Contact Pierina at pierina....@dsj.org with any questions!

6. CANCELED until further notice:  Spirituality Tuesday Assembly

Canceled due to the Coronavirus.

7. CANCELED until further notice: Confirmation Class

Canceled due to the Coronavirus.

Contact Carmel Caligaris questions at ccali...@setonpaloalto.org

8. CANCELED until further notice: S.O.U.P (Sharing Ourselves with Undernourished People)

Canceled for Lent.

9. CANCELED until further notice: Taize Prayer

Taize Prayer (SPIRITUALITY TUESDAY (on Thursday!) ASSEMBLIES events) is canceled for the rest of Lent due to the Coronavirus.

10. Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry

I am looking for more volunteers to assist in our Pastoral Home Ministry. If you are interested in bringing Communion to those homebound or in assisted living faculties and nursing homes, contact me at fon...@hotmail.com.

Mary Fong, Pastoral Home Ministry

11. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!

Our Weekly Offering
March 15 actual: Delayed by Coronavirus.
          Weekly Goal : $12,000

12. Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020

ADA - Our Annual Diocesan Appeal began last weekend. Fr. Stasys hopes that each family discern what kind of a pledge they can offer. Our parish goal is $144,750. This is doable with all parishioners pledging according to their means. Thank you for sharing God's gifts!

UPDATE: 3/15/20

ADA Goal: $144,750

Pledged: $69,465 (Delayed by Coronavirus)

# Donors: 102  (Delayed by Coronavirus)

% of Goal: 48 (Delayed by Coronavirus)

The 2020 Annual Diocesan Appeal requests your help to meet our parish goal!

13.  Want To Become A Catholic?

Are you an adult who has been Baptized and received Eucharist but missed the Sacrament of Confirmation? WE WANT YOU!! NOW IS THE TIME!!

It’s time to step forward and complete your initiation into the Catholic Church.  If you are interested in participating or have questions, please contact Susan in the Faith Formation Office or at susanle...@dsj.org. Hoping to see many people step forward to receive this important sacrament that seals our commitment to the Church, completes our Baptismal Grace, and strengthens us with the Holy Spirit.

14. Human Concerns: Seton School 2nd Grade Summer Reading Growth

Our parish collection for new books for Seton 2nd grade students books has been deferred from the weekend of March 14-15 due to the Coronavirus.   Your generosity in past years has provided a package of 5-7 books for each 2nd grade student to read at homeduring the long summer weeks.  These emerging readers benefit from this educational opportunity inspiring them to read, learn and share these books with others while maintaining skills during their school break.

Last year, each 2nd grader received 4 favorite individual choices which was a real winner!  Recent feedback from those students was very positive!

Any cash donations (which may be deposited at the Pastoral Center (3290 Middlefield Road))  or may be given to a Human Concerns rep.  We are happy to shop for you!  You will see lots of smiling faces in photos of the handing-out event come June.

The Human Concerns Committee

15. CANCELED: TOMORROW: Saturday, March 21: Lenten Morning Retreat - to be rescheduled

Canceled due to a death; hopefully to be rescheduled later this Spring.

Fr. Kevin Ballard, S.J., will lead a Lenten morning retreat, “Making Room YOURSELF for Getting to Know God:  How are you GIVING IN for Lent?.”

Come to St. Albert the Great Hospitality Center, 1095 Channing Ave., Palo Alto, from 9:00 am till noon for this time to listen, reflect, discuss, and meditate on Fr. Ballard’s unique blend of soul work and humor.

Light refreshments will be available.  No cost to attend, although donations to the sponsoring group, the Thomas Merton Center, are appreciated.

16. CANCELED for Saturday, March 28: Next Pastoral Garden Maintenance

Thanks to Eleanor, Laura, Veronica, Heike, Liza, Mary Ann and Arlen who gathered on a beautiful morning in February, weeded garden beds and the center oval, and made a big dent in the spring cleanup tasks of the Pastoral Garden.  Thank you, Chris, for the tasty donut treats and the refreshing jug of water!

Registration at www.setonpaloalto.org

(Be sure to take advantage of the Early Bird Pricing before 4/17/20) Any questions or to RSVP for the tournament, Contact Carmel Caligaris at Devel...@setonpaloalto.org or 650-326-1258.

Outside The Parish

19.  Friday, April 10: Live Re-Enactment of Good Friday Events

We invite you to join a live re-enactment of Good Friday events at St. Francis in East Palo Alto. It is a not-to-be-missed experience within a very diverse and loving community.

Good Friday, April 10 at 5:00 pm
Park cars behind St. Francis of Assisi Church
1425 Bay Rd. near University Ave, East Palo Alto, CA

Re-enactment begins in Jack Farrell Park, 2509 Fordham Rd. a short walk from St. Francis

Procession will walk from park back to St. Francis church where final events will take place.

21.  Presider Schedules for the Third Sunday of Lent,  And Sunday Mass Readings

Sunday Mass readings (English): http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/032220.cfm
Sunday Mass readings (Spanish): http://www.usccb.org/bible/lecturas/032220.cfm

Public Parish Masses canceled due to Coronavirus.

COVID 19 Liturgy Office Resources_nl.pdf

Chris Lundin

Mar 27, 2020, 1:12:11 PM3/27/20
to paloAltoCatholic-EBulletin
St. Thomas Aquinas Parish
The Catholic Community of Palo Alto, California

St. Thomas Aquinas parish is a Roman Catholic community of disciples
working together for the glory of God and our spiritual growth in Jesus, the Christ.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, we live and share the Gospel
through worship, education and service.

Parish eBulletin - Volume 13, No. 13 - March 27, 2020

Public Masses and Parish Events Cancelled Due To Coronavirus
Live Cast of Mass by Fr. Stasys Planned for Sunday
(Link to follow later today or tomorrow)

Table of Contents:
1. POSTPONED Until Further Notice: Pastoral Garden Maintenance
2. TOMORROW: Human Concerns: Saturday, March 28: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting
3. THIS WEEKEND: 2ND Collection for St. Vincent de Paul
4. Online Parish Mass
5. Daily Divine Mercy Chaplet With Fr. Maurice
6. Now Is The Time For Prayer
7. Funerals During Sheltering
8. Knights of Columbus: Thanks For Your Generosity
9. Parish Meetings Canceled or Postponed
10. Operation Rice Bowl Is Still Active
11.  Updated Information from the Diocese of San Jose
12.  Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry
13.  Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!
14.  Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020
15.  Want To Become A Catholic?
16.  Human Concerns: Seton School 2nd Grade Summer Reading Growth
17.  Save the Date - Monday, May 11 - Seton Golf Tournament and Silent & Live Auction

Outside The Parish
18.  Friday, April 10: Live Re-Enactment of Good Friday Events
19.  Article about the Church sustaining itself during the pandemic crisis:
20.  Presider Schedules for the Firth Sunday of Lent,  And Sunday Mass Readings

————————————————————————————————————————

1. POSTPONED Until Further Notice: Pastoral Garden Maintenance

Thanks to Eleanor, Laura, Veronica, Heike, Liza, Mary Ann and Arlen who gathered on a beautiful morning in February, weeded garden beds and the center oval, and made a big dent in the spring cleanup tasks of the Pastoral Garden.  Thank you, Chris, for the tasty donut treats and the refreshing jug of water!
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, our next work day has been postponed until further notice.

By the way, everyone in Arlen's facility has been quarantined because someone has been potentially exposed to the virus.  He hasn’t been able to leave his room since Saturday.  Please pray for the health and safety of all the folks at at his facility.

2. TOMORROW: Human Concerns: Saturday, March 28: Next Human Concerns Committee Meeting

We will again gather online via Zoom at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 28 in the OLR Hall to work on various human concerns initiatives.

3. THIS WEEKEND: 2ND Collection for St. Vincent de Paul

 Dear Parishioners,
 Please be generous (through Online Giving) in the 2nd collection this weekend for our parish St. Vincent de Paul outreach for food, emergency rents and utilities, & other necessities for local families.

At this time we can have less contact and listening time. We are working out ways to continue to help people. We have two families so far who have asked for emergency help.

There are people living at the edge of resources. Please join us in our prayerful work.

May God bless you all at this difficult time.

4. Online Parish Mass

Thanks to Ian Temple and Fr. Stasys, for broadcasting Sunday Mass at 11:00 am online last Sunday. We hope to get better at this in the coming weeks. Look online at our website for the link to our next Sunday Mass at https://www.paloaltocatholic.net

Also go online for Daily Reflections in the Spiritual Growth tab at

https://www.paloaltocatholic.net/spiritual-growth

To get an online copy of this bulletin either sign up at https://ebulletin.jspaluch.com/ or find our weekly Sunday Bulletin at https://www.paloaltocatholic.net/bulletins

5. Daily Divine Mercy Chaplet With Fr. Maurice

From: Maurice Igboerika <chima...@icloud.com>
Date: March 25, 2020 at 9:56:59 AM PDT
To: Estanislao Mikalonis <estanislao...@dsj.org>
Subject: Zoom meeting invitation - Divine Mercy prayer with Fr Maurice

Maurice Igboerika is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Divine Mercy prayer with Fr Maurice
Time: Mar 25, 2020 03:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada) (and following)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/9436026710

Meeting ID: 943 602 6710

Connect and join Fr Maurice every day at 3 pm each day for the  Divine Mercy prayer and Chaplet on livestream.

See below how to pray the chaplet:

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit

You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls,

and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world.
O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy,
envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

(Repeat 3 times) O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Hail Mary and the Apostle's Creed

For each of the five decades (On each “Our Father” bead of the rosary, pray)

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

(On each of the 10 “Hail Mary” beads, pray)
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

We will sing the last decade.

Concluding prayer (Repeat 3 times)
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Closing Prayer
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

6. Now Is The Time For Prayer

Hoping everyone is staying well and managing during these challenging days of “shelter in place.” Now, more than ever, is the time for us to intensify our prayer time. We were invited to find ways to
do this during the season of Lent anyway, and now there is even more reason to find ways to spend time talking with God. If you love the Rosary, pray the Rosary every day, focusing on all that Jesus did for us and seeking the intercession of Mary for the healing of our world. Pray with the scriptures of the day. The USCCB has the readings available for us and will even send them to us via email of we just sign up. Take time to listen to how God might be speaking to you through His Word. Invest time in the Liturgy of the Hours: Morning Prayer and Evening Prayer. There are likely many resources to provide this to you as well. Above all, pray together as a family. Share your worries and concerns and pray for God’s wisdom and grace to move through them and to bring hope and healing.

I have recently been reading the writings of St. Julian of Norwich, and they have given me great hope, not only in God’s love for us and God’s care for us, but also that “all shall be well.” Here are some of her words:

God is All-Mighty, All-Wise, and All-Good. For He is true rest. God wants to be known and it pleases Him when we rest in Him, for nothing less than Him will satisfy us. . . . And thus our good lord answered all my questions and doubts and to comfort me said, “I have the power to make everything right; I can make everything right; I intend to make everything right and I will do it. You will see for yourself that all will be well.

Remember this, in Julian’s words: “All will be well, all will be well, every conceivable thing will be well.” God’s peace and many blessings on all of you.

Susan Lee Olsen, Director of Catechetical Ministry

7. Funerals During Sheltering

If you have a death in your family during this sheltering period, you may use the emergency number, 1-877-645-2712, to contact one of our priests.

Mortuaries can still help with burials, but we, your local church, aren't allowed to have funerals in church at this time. Our priests or deacon can, however, assist with burials. We can then plan a Memorial Mass at a later date.

8. Knights of Columbus: Thanks For Your Generosity

Council 2677 of the Knights of Columbus holds an annual fund raising drive for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities both at church sites and by mail solicitations.

Thanks to the generosity of parishioners, the Knights collected sufficient funds to distribute $1986 to each of Achieve Kids and Abilities United, two organizations located in Palo Alto for the education and guidance of intellectually challenged children and adults respectively.

In the photos at the end of today’s eBulletin, the Grand Knight present the checks to the two organizations.

Livestream Mass available on Sunday March 29 at https://www.facebook.com/DioceseSanJose/
10:00 am English with Bishop Oscar Cantú
11:00 am Spanish with Bishop Oscar Cantú
12:00 pm Vietnamese with Fr. Has Dinh

12. Volunteer Opportunity: Pastoral Home Ministry

I am looking for more volunteers to assist in our Pastoral Home Ministry. If you are interested in bringing Communion to those homebound or in assisted living faculties and nursing homes, contact me at fon...@hotmail.com.

Mary Fong, Pastoral Home Ministry

13. Weekly Stewardship Report: Thank You For Sharing God’s Gifts!

Our Weekly Stewardship Report is delayed due to the Covid-19 virus pandemic.
Pleasekeep mailing your weekly contributions to the Pastoral Center, 3290 Middlefield Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94306

          Weekly Goal : $12,000

14. Annual Diocesan Appeal 2020

ADA - Our Annual Diocesan Appeal began last weekend. Fr. Stasys hopes that each family discern what kind of a pledge they can offer. Our parish goal is $144,750. This is doable with all parishioners pledging according to their means. Thank you for sharing God's gifts!

UPDATE: 3/23/20

ADA Goal: $144,750

Pledged: $98,370

# Donors: 159

% of Goal: 68

Registration at www.setonpaloalto.org

(Be sure to take advantage of the Early Bird Pricing before 4/17/20) Any questions or to RSVP for the tournament, Contact Carmel Caligaris at Devel...@setonpaloalto.org or 650-326-1258.

Outside The Parish

18.  Friday, April 10: Live Re-Enactment of Good Friday Events

We invite you to join a live re-enactment of Good Friday events at St. Francis in East Palo Alto. It is a not-to-be-missed experience within a very diverse and loving community.

Good Friday, April 10 at 5:00 pm
Park cars behind St. Francis of Assisi Church
1425 Bay Rd. near University Ave, East Palo Alto, CA

Re-enactment begins in Jack Farrell Park, 2509 Fordham Rd. a short walk from St. Francis

Procession will walk from park back to St. Francis church where final events will take place.

20.  Presider Schedules for the Fifth Sunday of Lent,  And Sunday Mass Readings

Sunday Mass readings (English): http://www.usccb.org/bible/readings/032920.cfm
Sunday Mass readings (Spanish): http://www.usccb.org/bible/lecturas/032920.cfm

Public Parish Masses canceled due to Coronavirus.

The eBulletin is an initiative of our parish Communications Board, whose ministry it is to improve communications in our parish.

As of today, our parish eBulletin is sent to 429 parish families! (closed (bouncing) accounts recently removed). Pass the word! Who will be Family No. 430? If you are interested in receiving the eBulletin on a weekly basis, send an email request to clu...@stanford.edu.  You will be added to "PaloAltoCatho...@googlegroups.com" which is used to send out the eBulletin each Friday morning.
COVID 19 Liturgy Office Resources_nl.pdf