Geochronology Summer School in Morteratsch, Switzerland 2022

megli

Feb 7, 2022, 3:21:01 AM2/7/22
to paleop...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,
it is our pleasure to announce theGeochronology Summer School in Morteratsch, Switzerland 2022

13th International Geochronology Summer School:
Dating techniques in environmental research

Date: 28 August – 01 September 2022
Location: Morteratsch (Switzerland)

Topics to be covered in lectures, excursions and workshops include dating techniques such as numerical methods
(radiocarbon, exposure dating with cosmogenic nuclides, OSL, 137Cs, 210Pb, etc.), dendrochronology, anthracology, archaeomagnetic dating, palaeolimnology, as well as relative methods like soil weathering and Schmidt-hammer technique. See also attached flyer.

List of Lecturers:
Holger Gärtner (WSL), Paolo Cherubini (WSL), Markus Egli (University of Zurich), Dmitry Tikhomirov (University of Zurich), Dennis Dahms (University of Northern Iowa), Irka Hajdas (ETH Zurich), Fritz Schlunegger (University of Bern), Evdokia Tema (University of Torino), Natacha Gribenski (University of Bern), Nathalie Dubois (EAWAG), Marcus Christl (ETH Zurich) and others.

The Summer School is open to young researchers (PhD students and Post-Docs) worldwide.
Participation is competitive and will be limited to a maximum of 20.
The registration fee (800 CHF) includes accommodation (room sharing required),
half board and lunch, field trips and teaching material.

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 30 April 2022

(PS: we are optimistic that we can carry out this summer school - but depending on the Covid situation we might need to adapt the school format)

Prof. Dr. Markus Egli
Geochronology
Soil and Landscape Dynamics
Department of Geography