Monitor ROMs

Will Senn

Jul 19, 2022, 11:30:35 PM7/19/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Are the PAL-1 and KIM-1 monitors (6530-003 and 6530-002) byte identical? If not, are the listings of the PAL-1 versions available? I'd like to be able to study the source to better understand the TTY processing... on the KIM-1 you press RS and then on the TTY, RUBOUT, but on my Mac, it's RS and on the terminal, enter/return, as one example.

Thanks,
Will

GN L

Jul 19, 2022, 11:40:57 PM7/19/22
to Will Senn, PAL 6502 computer
The monitor on PAL-1 is the KIM-1 monitor, nothing changed a bit.

I remember the RUBOUT and Return key discussed before in the group. (title: ROM differences from KIM-1 User Manual?)
> --

Best,
Liu

Will Senn

Jul 19, 2022, 11:47:14 PM7/19/22
to GN L, PAL 6502 computer
Got it. I see Jim's excellent explanation of the RUBOUT/Return and speed
detection in that thread. Thanks for the pointer!