Tape Load and Save for TinyBASIC

D Hassler

Dec 1, 2022, 7:59:23 PM12/1/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Hi guys.  Nils' recent work on disk load-n-save for KB9 got me to tinkering, and I've put together a little tape load-n-save program for $0200-loading TinyBASIC.  I'm sure the veterans around here did this many times "back in the day," but I had a good time learning about the innards of TinyBASIC and using the KIM's tape routines.  Instruction are in the source code, to which I tacked on a PTP and an Apple hex file.  I'm sure improvements can be made.  :^)

In addition to the regular $1800-save version, I've put together a Hypertape version, too; it takes up most of the safely-usable space on Page 1, but it could be useful for saving longer TinyBASIC programs.

The Load&Save can be found in the Utilities directory of my new PAL-1 website: www.vanportmedia.com/PAL-1/

Take care all, and best regards,
Dave

GN Liu

Dec 1, 2022, 8:57:29 PM12/1/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Thanks for sharing and the new site feels great!

Neil Andretti

Dec 2, 2022, 11:33:20 AM12/2/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Congratulations Dave.
This is a brilliant website with plenty of new software for our loved PAL-1.
And I really love the Basic game that uses the ESC commands. and even more Grenade Lobber ftw!!1one

The idea of porting PET and VIC20 software to the KIM-1 is also another brilliant idea.
Now we have a boatload of software to check out

Thank you for being this active.

nils