CC65 patches to work with the KIM-1

Jeremy Starcher

Jun 7, 2022, 3:35:40 PM6/7/22
to PAL 6502 computer
(This isn't mine, but I found it very interesting.)

The video:

The link to the code:

Neil Andretti

Jun 8, 2022, 2:06:58 AM6/8/22
to PAL 6502 computer
HA!!1 great find.
I recall asking about how to realize this just 3 month ago. And now we have a point to start from.

GN L

Jun 8, 2022, 7:38:40 AM6/8/22
to Jeremy Starcher, PAL 6502 computer
Thanks for sharing!!!! I remember there is another video about Dave’s full KIM-1 system in his channel.
> --

Best,
Liu

Kaveen R

Sep 20, 2022, 6:47:48 AM9/20/22
to PAL 6502 computer
I was curious and tried this out, it works fine! I'm not sure how much I can leverage this with my unexpanded PAL.
A Simple C Hello World Program yields around 2.3K.

Instructions to anyone who wants to try it out,
  1. git clone https://github.com/davepl/cc65
  2. make all
  3. cd samples/kim1/
  4. make
  5. srec_cat kimHello.bin -binary -offset 0x0200 -o helloc.ptp -MOS_Technologies -CRLF

Hans Otten

Sep 22, 2022, 10:16:08 AM9/22/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Nice addition.
Character I/O looks good, getch does not echo since the hardware already does that.

I wonder if he tested the tape routines, he treats those as subroutines, which they are not..

Hans