Trouble with TinyBASIC at $2000

D Hassler

Aug 11, 2022, 8:40:34 PM8/11/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Hi folks.  I have spent the afternoon trying to move TB from $0200 to $2000.  I first tried to use the binary images from Hans O's site, including the Zero Page code, but that will not load without error (dumps out at $00E1, not sure why).  Then I tried relocating Jim's, W4JBM, special 'PAL-tweaked' code from $0200 to $2000 with FBOK 'Relocate' and 'Moveit,' but no dice (it's still awesome at $0200, btw).

I also checked out Tom Pitmann's site, and Bob Applegate's (Corsham) site, but nothing would work on the PAL-1.  I'd single-step through some of the code, but the only terminal-based full monitor I have that loads and runs reliably in my expanded RAM space is Jeff Trantor's JMON (at $2000), so you see the problem.  :^)  [still working on porting Butterfield's Supermon to PAL to the $94 page.... plus, I hope to have my homebrew ROM board working in the next week or so, so maybe I can run Jim's PBUG code from ROM soon.]

In the meantime, does anyone have a reliable .PTP of TinyBasic that loads at $2000?  Pointers?  Hints?

Thanks, Dave

Neil Andretti

Aug 12, 2022, 12:45:55 AM8/12/22
to PAL 6502 computer

Here you find a TB version loading to $0200 and using the memory at $2000
the Version is called TinyBasic_high
you can also find the sourcecode of this version here to shift it around in mem where you want ;)
Nils

Neil Andretti

Aug 12, 2022, 8:33:34 AM8/12/22
to PAL 6502 computer
One step further I've compiled a complete High mem version:
This one loads t0 $2000 and starts at $2100

Works in Hans' Simulator
TinyBasic_2000.pap

D Hassler

Aug 12, 2022, 11:19:48 AM8/12/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Awesome!  The source code is cool, too -- many thanks / vielen Dank!

On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 5:33:34 AM UTC-7 master...@googlemail.com wrote:
One step further I've compiled a complete High mem version:
This one loads t0 $2000 and starts at $2100

Thanks, Dave

Neil Andretti

Aug 14, 2022, 6:10:22 AM8/14/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Hi Dave,
I'm happy you liked it; \o/
But I have two questions:
I've never figured out how to load and save Programs in TinyBasic. Do I need to enter the code every time or is there some easier way?
And the second one is regarding the build I uploaded: How do I locate the peek and poke routines that are hidden?

Have a peaceful sunday,
Nils