Rest of the kits have arrived

Will Senn

Jul 14, 2022, 1:42:40 PM7/14/22
to PAL 6502 computer

I just unboxed my:
32K RAM Kit
32K ROM Kit (hopefully preprogrammed)
RIOT Gadgets Kit
Cassette Kit

All parts present and accounted for :). Yay. Solder city I'm coming... prolly not until next week, though :(. Everything was pretty simple to count, but two parts I'd never seen before... A 100uH inductor, and a 0R5 resistor - had to look them up on the internet to be sure, but they were there too.

All set for cassette fun, soon as I solder that puppy up. Any tips or tricks to that project? It looks a little cramped on some of it!

Later,

Will

GN L

Jul 15, 2022, 6:28:28 AM7/15/22
to Will Senn, PAL 6502 computer
A fully loaded PAL-1 will give you more early PC experience~
> --

Best,
Liu

Will Senn

Jul 17, 2022, 8:40:09 PM7/17/22
to PAL 6502 computer
So far, I successfully tested the extended RAM and ROM MS BASIC... yeeha - looks like my soldering skills have improved. Wow were there a lot of challenges though - getting the zif socket to go in, soldering the socket over the backside of the pinouts, those 3-pin out deals, whew. Glad my daughter was around as another pair of hands, oh and everybody ought to have a hair tie rubber bandy thingie to hold stuff on :). Still to test - the rest of the ROM programs, the RIOT gadgets, and the cassette card!

Will Senn

Jul 17, 2022, 10:17:20 PM7/17/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Ok. All ROM programs tested and working. I found the operating manual, so I now know what they are and how to run 'em... yay. Gadgets and cassettes up next.