LED Matrix Installation

TJB B

Nov 24, 2023, 1:45:28 PM11/24/23
to PAL 6502 computer
Good afternoon,

I am building the LED matrix Gadget board.

Which way is "up" for the LED matrix?  I looked around, but could not find anything indicating how I should install them.  I would hate to have to unsolder them if I guessed wrong.

Thanks for the help!

V/R,

Tim

Will Senn

Nov 24, 2023, 1:57:43 PM11/24/23
to pal...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,

The pin-1 for the two led matrices is bottom left looking at the board right side up :).  Is that what you're asking?

Will

Will Senn

Nov 24, 2023, 2:01:13 PM11/24/23
to pal...@googlegroups.com
On 11/24/23 12:45, TJB B wrote:
Tim,

Also, here's the diagram:

http://pal.aibs.ws/assets/ibom/led_matrix.html

And I've attached a photo of mine completed. I don't remember how pin 1 was marked, but maybe this'll help.

Will
IMG_4026.JPG

TJB B

Nov 24, 2023, 2:09:26 PM11/24/23
to PAL 6502 computer
Hi Will,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I see the 'square' hole on the PCB, but I am not sure how to orient the LEDs (I have a 50-50 chance of getting it right!).

From your photo, it looks like if I install the LEDs with the sides the part numbers are printed on facing down relative to the board I should be OK.

Thanks again and have a nice weekend!

V/R,

Tim

GN Liu

Dec 2, 2023, 1:06:55 PM12/2/23
to PAL 6502 computer
Yes, the side with printing is facing down. I think I need to update the manual for this.

Thanks,
Liu