KIMEX-1

Hans Van Slooten

Jul 13, 2022, 10:55:39 AM7/13/22
to PAL 6502 computer
I've started going through old back issues of COMPUTE! magazine as part of my retrocomputing habit, and stumbled upon this interesting bit of hardware that I didn't see mentioned on Hans O's site (I'm sure there's a ton of KIM-1 stuff that was developed that didn't get wide use).

Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 9.49.01 AM.png

Hans

Hans Otten

Jul 14, 2022, 2:29:20 AM7/14/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Besides this advert, I have never seen information on this expansion.

Hans Otten

Jul 14, 2022, 2:31:56 AM7/14/22
to PAL 6502 computer
Oh, and the review here:  retro.hansotten.nl/uploads/compute2/Compute II Issue 1.pdf

I may include this in the KIM-1 hardware list!

Hans Van Slooten

Jul 14, 2022, 8:09:21 AM7/14/22
to Hans Otten, PAL 6502 computer
Very interesting. I also didn’t realize there was a Compute II for SBCs. This will give me a lot more material to dig into. Thanks!

Hans

GN L

Jul 15, 2022, 6:30:25 AM7/15/22
to Hans Otten, PAL 6502 computer