7805 solder to pad?

Will Senn

May 7, 2022, 10:07:11 AMMay 7
to PAL 6502 computer
I can't tell looking, do I just bend the 7805 over and solder the pins or do I also solder it to the rectangular pad?

Will

GN L

May 7, 2022, 10:14:45 AMMay 7
to Will Senn, PAL 6502 computer
I didn’t solder it to PCB, because that would make it hard to remove the 7805.

You can just bend it to PCB, or you can use screws to fasten it to the PCB, I don’t think solder it to PCB is a good idea.

> On May 7, 2022, at 10:07 PM, Will Senn <will...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can't tell looking, do I just bend the 7805 over and solder the pins or do I also solder it to the rectangular pad?
>
> Will
>

> --

Best,
Liu