Who Will Rally The Pakistanis?

PakNationalists

Oct 22, 2009, 1:38:28 PM10/22/09
to paknati...@googlegroups.com

© 2007-2009. All rights reserved. AhmedQuraishi.com & PakNationalists

Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any medium

without royalty provided this notice is preserved.

Who Will Rally The Pakistanis?

A PRINTED VERSION OF THIS LETTER IS BEING SENT TO THE OFFICES OF THE PRINCIPALS IN THE GOVERNMENT IN ISLAMABAD, IN THE HOPE SOMEONE THERE WILL FEEL MORE FOR THE COUNTRY THAN FOR THE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL WEALTH STASHED IN AMERICAN AND BRITISH BANKS, WHICH ARE AT THE HEART OF THE PRO-US AND PRO-UK POLICIES THAT PAKISTAN IS PURSUING THESE DAYS.

A LETTER FROM A PAKNATIONALIST: Backchannel diplomacy and silently providing the proof to Indians and Americans will not resolve anything.  Pakistani media is pretending to behave responsibly by not pointing the fingers to India and some elements in America.  Pakistan is in dire need of someone to step forward and rally the Pakistanis.  None of the Pakistani politicians is up to the task.

FROM DR. JAMIL QAZI

King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Ahmed,

Like every Pakistani, I am extremely depressed over the death of innocent Pakistanis and recently the students of International Islamic University.

Unfortunately there is not a single politician who has the courage to come out and rally the nation against the naked foreign intervention.  It is not possible for local militants to plan, coordinate and execute so many acts of terrorism in such a short period in our highly guarded capital.  What was the objective of targeting girls section of Shariah faculty of the International Islamic University when another seat of higher learning, FAST, was just a few meters away from the main road where one takes the lane for the International Islamic University?  Why did the two terrorists go to blow themselves up almost two kilometers away from the first likely target?

Foreign hand is evident and it will not stop until we start blaming India they way they did against us after Mumbai attacks.  Backchannel contacts and silently providing the proof to Indians and Americans will not solve the problem at all.  Media pretends to be behaving responsibly by not pointing fingers on India etc without evidence. But the least the Pakistani media can do is to highlight the sponsors and supporters of these terrorists.

Few observations:

Where has gone the whole debate over Kerry Lugar bill? The nation expected some real tough talk from our Parliament.  Where is it all? Media also gave up this very important issue of our national interest because of the successive terrorist attacks and the military action in the west.

In the main TV show of Sept. 6 on the state-run PTV, I noticed how smartly our enemies have turned our focus from India (which was always the focus as a "dushman" in all the Sept. 6 celebrations since my childhood) to local militants.

Nawaz Sharif has either no interest in Pakistan and its people or is ready for an early exit from the political scene. [Or he has been promised support by the Americans for his turn in power in exchange for making it easy for the Zardari setup.]

There is a very dangerous leadership vacuum and no one is there to fill it.

Time is passing quickly and we are conceding a lot to the US and Indians with every passing moment.  They want to keep us engaged so that we keep on giving in to their demands one by one as we have done in the past.

I would like to modify a verse of Faiz to wake these dumb leaders.

مٹ    جائیگا  یہ ملک   تو  تم  بات  کروگے

مخلص ہو تو اب حشراٹھا کیوں نہیں دیتے

OR

مٹ جائیگا  یہ ملک تو  تم  بات  کروگے

مخلص ہو تو آواز اٹھا کیوں نہیں دیتے

[You will open your mouth when the country is gone … if you are sincere why not raise your voice NOW!]

I am one of your fans and like your analysis.  You are a true patriot fighting Pakistan's case in every possible way in print and electronic media.

Regards,

Jameel Qazi, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor

Department of Management and Marketing
College of Industrial Management

jami...@kfupm.edu.sa

© 2007-2009. All rights reserved. AhmedQuraishi.com & PakNationalists

Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any medium

without royalty provided this notice is preserved.

YOUR comment IS IMPORTANT

Do NOT underestimate the power of your comment

please click here to comment or to read what otherS have SAID ABOUT THIS STORY.

 oR VISIT the PaknationalisTS group to post a comment there.

MUST SEE

Anti-Pakistan TTP Terrorists Equipped With U.S., Indian, German, Weapons

Indian Weapons In Swat & FATA

Israel, India Fomenting Trouble In Pakistan's Tribal Region

India Wants To Fight In Afghanistan Until The Last American

Indian Army Major-General Runs Terrorist Camps Inside Afghanistan

Is It PPP & CIA Vs. The Army In Pakistan?

ISI Summons RAW Chief Over Terrorism In Pakistan

In Serving US Interest, This Pakistani Govt. Is In A Class Of Its Own

American Lecture In Pakistan Parliament

If Fired, Haqqani Threatens To Reveal 'Reams' of Pakistani Secrets

Kerry's ‘Explanatory Statement’ Does Not Solve Our Problem: Marvi Memon

An 'Explanatory' Note From Washington To Pakistan

How Pakistan Interior Minister Helped US Embassy Import Illegal Weapons Without Telling ISI

Pakistan Military's Strong Message To America & Its Pakistani Loyalists

EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: American Militia Outpost In Islamabad?

Expel These Two US Diplomats From Pakistan

US Recruiting Retired Pakistani Military Officers

A US Counteroffensive In Pakistan

Ambassador Patterson MUST Be EXPELLED

ALERT: Blackwater Recruiting Agents Fluent In Urdu & Punjabi For Pakistan

Did Pakistan's Envoy In Washington Leak Official Communication To Embarrass His Country?

Army Expresses Reservation Over The 'Af-Pak' Policy

Anti-Americanism Rises In Pakistan Over U.S. Motives

SEE THIS

The Harpoons And Pakistan's American Mess

NEWS BREAK: Anne Patterson Blocks Shireen Mazari

How ODA 574 Installed Karzai, And Afghan Democracy

Husain Haqqani To ISI: Let Blackwater In

Did Pakistan's Envoy In Washington Leak Official Communication To Embarrass His Country?

Hypocrisy Galore In Islamabad

Why I'm An Ungrateful Pakistani, Mr. Holbrooke

The U.S. Invades and Occupies Pakistan

Anyone Still Interested In Kidnapping Dr. AQ Khan?

The Sneaking US Occupation Of Islamabad

How Pakistan Interior Minister Helped US Embassy Import Illegal Weapons Without Telling ISI

Why I'm An Ungrateful Pakistani, Mr. Holbrooke

American NGO Covers For Blackwater In Pakistan?

Obama Is Lying About Pakistan

The Holbrooke Payback

Cut CIA’s Footprint In Pakistan

The ‘Am-Brit’ Mess

The Sneaking US Occupation Of Islamabad

The U.S. Invades and Occupies Pakistan

Anyone Still Interested In Kidnapping Dr. AQ Khan?

Can Pakistan Resist 'Pox' Americana?

US Govt. Website Supports Terror In Balochistan

Indian Army Major-General Runs Terrorist Camps Inside Afghanistan

Forget AfPak, Resolve AfKash To Win In Afghanistan

Pakistan’s Northern Iraq

What About America’s Responsibility For The ‘AfPak’ Mess?

Pakistan’s Proxies, If Any, Are Pakistan’s Right

Pakistan Is Not America’s ‘War Theater’

Bush Pushing PPP Against Pak Army

US Hummers Enter Pakistan, Undercover American Soldiers Swarm Islamabad

PICS: US Embassy Sex Scandal; Coming To Pakistan Soon

Haqqani Pushed India Transit Idea On Behalf Of Washington

VIDEOS

US Terror In Pakistan [EXCLUSIVE]

Uncensored: Blackwater on Waqt News [Urdu – Zaid Hamid]

CIA Threat To Pakistan [ Urdu – Zaid Hamid]

World Bank Wants To Take Over Balochistan & NWFP?  [Urdu – Ahmed Quraishi]

Targeting Pakistani Nukes: 'Don't Mess With Us [Urdu – Air Commodore Khalid Banuri]

  No To America's Surrender-for-Dollars [Urdu – Dr. Shireen Mazari]