Sightsavers' Equal World Campaign for Global Disability Summit

Amira Qureshi

Nov 9, 2021, 2:37:12 AM11/9/21
to pak-...@googlegroups.com

Campaigns

The clock is ticking... 100 days to go

Hello Everyone,

The Global Disability Summit in 2018 was an opportunity for countries around the world to invest in inclusive development and commit to building a more equal world.

Hundreds of commitments were made by governments and global organisations, but many of these still haven't been given the resources they need to be put into action.

Progress has been too slow. The COVID-19 pandemic has made existing inequalities worse and highlighted the discrimination people with disabilities experience in healthcare, education, employment and civic life.

The Global Disability Summit 2022 will take place in Norway in February 2022. Will you help us make sure that  government of Pakistan attend, make strong, well-resourced commitments and take action to create a more equal society?

We are urgently calling for these global decision-makers, including the government of Pakistan, to attend the 2022 Global Disability Summit, engage with people with disabilities and their representative organisations and make ambitious, properly financed commitments that will result in real change. We are also calling on the government of Pakistan to ensure the 2022 Census effectively counts people with disabilities.

By signing our petition, you are asking that governments attend the summit. You are asking them to listen to people with disabilities. And you are asking them to commit to making a more equal society.

After Signing the petition please share this with others to inspire them

I’ve signed @Sightsavers’ petition calling on global decision-makers to take action for people with disabilities at #GDS2022 in February. Will you? #ActionsSpeakLouder #EqualWorld www.sightsavers.org/actionsspeaklouder/

Click to tweet | Share on Facebook | Post to LinkedIn

Lets tell t
he government that actions speak louder than words, and it is time for them to act.

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be sharing the true impact inclusive development can have and why this summit is a vital opportunity to achieve a more equal world.

Regards,

Amira Qureshi

Communication & Monitoring Officer

Sightsavers Pakistan Office

cid:image001.png@01D7D555.986102F0

Connect  with us: Visit our website | Join us on facebook | Follow us on twitter | View our YouTube channel