Call for Applications for HACKCORRUPTION

Pak NGOs

Feb 10, 2023, 5:08:17 AM2/10/23
to Pak NGOs Mailing Group

Dear Members,

Here is a message from Accountability Lab for you.

Do you have creative ideas to fight corruption in south Asia and make your country more transparent? Are you a community activist, technologist or #governance expert?! If so, you should definitely apply to participate in HackCorruption! We’re looking for motivated people from various backgrounds to work in multidisciplinary teams.

Participants will travel to Kathmandu, Nepal, from 27 to 30 April, to participate in our #tech4good hackathon. HackCorruption Nepal 2023 will bring people together across south Asia to co-create anti-corruption solutions through emerging technologies.

Learn more and apply at www.hackcorruption.org

The problem sets you will be working on range from digital citizenship to budget transparency and open contracting.

You need to be 18 or older and a citizen or resident of Pakistan. The Lab is excited to be running HackCorruption in partnership with the Center for International Private Enterprise, Development Gateway and supported by the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs at the US State Department.

Deadline for the applications:

Last date for submission of applications is Feb 26, 2023.

What is HackCorruption?

Accountability Lab is hosting the second HackCorruption event to identify and support talented individuals from the civic tech, CSO, and activist arenas, to build innovative solutions to combat corruption. The hackathon is supported by the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement at the U.S. Department of State, in partnership with the Center for International Private Enterprise. Our South Asia regional hackathon will take place in Kathmandu, Nepal, from 27 – 30 April. Fifty changemakers from across the region will work together in teams of five over a three-day period. Participants will receive fully-funded trips to participate in the event.

Five winning teams with the most promising ideas will receive additional financial support of up to $10,000, mentorship, and ongoing training to help them build out their ideas. They will also participate in a 3-day intensive in-person bootcamp in Kathmandu in June 2023.

About Accountability Lab:

Accountability Lab (AL) is an Islamabad based think tank that makes the governance work for people by supporting active citizens, responsible leaders and accountable institutions. We are reimagining how to build accountability to support a world in which resources are used wisely, decisions benefit everyone fairly, and people lead secure lives.

Lab works across issues such as governance, human rights, education, health and human capital development; building “unlikely networks” to bring diverse voices into these efforts; and “insider-outsider” coalitions across government, civil society, media and the private sector. Lab is building a movement of active citizens and responsible leaders across the country. We support change-makers to develop ideas for integrity and feedback in their communities. By enabling people to use information and knowledge to hold those in power to account, we help to unleash positive social and economic change.

2023 HACKCORRUPTION Applications v2 (PK 2).png