Muslim Hands Looking for a International Consultancy Firm - 3 Years

Pak NGOs

Sep 4, 2021, 6:10:02 AM9/4/21
to Pak NGOs Mailing Group

Dear All,

We are writing to you because this is not a usual consultancy opportunity. It is a big opportunity, which only consultancy firms would be able to manage. Hence, we think it should be posted separately so that it does not get lost in the usual lists.

Here is a brief introduction received from Muslim Hands:

Muslim Hands- UK intends to sign framework agreement for three years, with a selected consultant/ consulting firm, who is willing to work as a remote support to our HIPD department across several countries including UK, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Yemen, Somalia, Myanmar, and the list may add a few more countries in Asia/ Africa depending upon the funding situation as we move on with our new global strategy. In the recent months due to social restrictions and smaller office hours, we are interested in working with a reliable, self-starter, and experienced consultant, who can manage her/his/ their own logistics and administrative support requirements without stretching / counting on our logistics services.

For more information, please visit this link: Consultancy Announcement by Muslim Hands

All the best

Regards,

Team Pak NGOs

Babar Bashir

Sep 4, 2021, 2:47:46 PM9/4/21
to Pak NGOs, Pak NGOs Mailing Group

Dear Colleagues

I am reaching you out for two queries if you could help.

  • First is linked to the NGOs registered under Societies Act of 1860 with the Registrar of Joint Stock Companies in Islamabad Capital Territory (ICT). Is anyone aware of the process called de-registration or re- registration of NGOs in ICT?

  • How are we planning to engage with the legislators on the ICT Charities, Registration, Regulation and Facilitation Bill 2021 that has been passed by the National Assembly and under discussion at the Senate of Pakistan now?

Any information on these queries would be of great help.

Regards

Babar Bashir

Idrees Khattak, ACA

Sep 6, 2021, 4:02:03 AM9/6/21
to Pakistan NGOs
As per my study and knowledge, currently, only the organizations which are registered as Trusts under Trust Act 1882 are now required to be re-registered/freshly registered as per the provision of new ICT Trust Act 2020 (for ICT registered Trusts) and under respective provincial Trust Acts 2020 (for Trusts registered in each province).

ICT Charities, Registration, Regulation and Facilitation Bill 2021 is an effort to update the outdated Voluntary Social WelfareAgencies (Registration and Control) Ordinance1961 just as they did with Trust Acts. Another reason is to update the Govt. records and digitize the NGO registers.

However, the new registration portals are in violation of laws because laws have not demanded so much details as these registration portal demands, for example Trust Registration Portal demands Personal details of Author, Trustees & their dependents including details of movable, immovable properties, detail of bank accounts etc. With these deep personal details, it is not possible for NGOs to work because no one volunteer as Trustee or member of the NGO on risk of so much personal information. I am attaching screenshot of the Trust registration portal which requires personal detail of Trustees. NGO need to discuss these practical issues with relevant authorities.

​Best Regards,

MUHAMMAD IDREES KHATTAK, ACA

Partner | Qasim Adeel & Co. (Chartered Accountants)

Cell:               +92-345-9649653 / +92-311-8500214

Email:            idre...@gmail.com

Website:       www.qaco.com.pk

Office:            16th Floor, State Life Building #5, Jinnah Avenue, F6 Islamabad.

Details of Immovable Properties.jpeg
Details of Bank accounts.jpeg

Babar Bashir

Sep 8, 2021, 3:26:46 AM9/8/21
to Pak NGOs, Pak NGOs Mailing Group
Dear Colleagues ( Aqsa, Aftab, Idrees Khattak )

I am very thankful to you for responding to my queries and sharing your experience.

Regarding my query on the denotification and re-registration of NGOs under the Societies Act of 1860 in Islamabad, it's been shared by some members that more than 400 NGOs were denotified last year on a very baseless grounds, like they were  not submitting the required  documents to the registrar's office while  the fact was they were complying to the requirements.  Some were re-notified afterwards but many were not, rather they are being asked for new registration or re- registration.

I suggest through this forum, we should raise a collective voice on this issue with the Registrar Office ICT. Colleagues with legal backgrounds can also guide us, how we should proceed.

Regarding the ICT Charities, Registration, Regulation and Facilitation Bill 2021,  some of the friends shared that once enacted this Act will be applicable to the Trusts only , while others assessment is this covers all Non Profit Organizations (NPOs).  I think this is high time that we engage with Legislators and share our input on this new legislation that can affect many of us.
The copy of the ICT Charities Bill is attached.

I look  forward to your thoughts.

Best regards

Babar
ICT Charities Registration, Regulation and Facilitation Bill, 2021 (2).pdf

Zia-ur-Rehman

Sep 8, 2021, 5:23:36 AM9/8/21
to m...@rozan.org, Pak NGOs, Pak NGOs Mailing Group

Dear Babar Sahab,

Thanks for highlighting such challenges and raising voice on new legislation regarding NGOs in ICT. This requires deep reflections and discussions. May I request for a meeting (virtual) in coming days. We can host through zoom as per the convenience of colleagues who are interested. Please suggest if it is ok

Kind regards

Zia

Sindh Development Society SDS

Sep 8, 2021, 7:36:17 AM9/8/21
to m...@rozan.org, Pak NGOs, in...@awazcds.org.pk, Pak NGOs Mailing Group
this will be wonderful

Thanks & Regards

Sindh Development Society - Hyderabad

Plot No. 43, Near Suzuki Mehran motors, Jamshoro road, Qasimabad, Hyderabad. Pakistan

Tel: +92 022-3668660, 3668884,

Cell and WhatsApp: +92 333 2604314 |

fb logo   twitter logo  youtube logo

SDS logo(2)

Vision:
Develop democratic, fair, tolerant, non-discriminatory peaceful society, which provide space to marginalized sector of society in decision making.
Mission:
To strengthen the marginalized section of the society to uplift their living standards through participator, sustainable, and integrated development initiatives to ensure and advocate the rights of under privileged section of society.

Sep 8, 2021, 7:36:47 AM9/8/21
to Pak NGOs, Babar Bashir, Pak NGOs Mailing Group
Just for information of all concerned that all major NGOs (including Alkhidmat Foundation, Akhuwat etc.) has got stay order from Lahore High Court against Punjab Charity Commission Act.

With regards,

Shahid Iqbal
Secretary General
Alkhidmat Foundation Pakistan
Address: 3-Km Khayaban-e-Jinnah, Lahore, Pakistan