Theater Performance - International Day of Persons with Disabilities

Theatre Wallay

Nov 22, 2022, 11:49:57 AM11/22/22
to pak-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members,
We are glad to announce that after a gap of about 2 years (Covid2019), Theatre Wallay is back in the field. We, in collaboration with the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), have prepared a street play 'Majboor Hum Ko Mat Kaho' (Poster Attached) to raise awareness about issues faced by persons with disabilities (PWDs) in the public sphere. The duration of the play is about 32 minutes. Between 24th November and 3rd December, It will be performed in various colleges and universities including:
  1. Ghazali College for Women, Islamabad
  2. SZABIST, H 8 Campus, Islamabad
  3. AIOU, Islamabad
  4. Islamia College University, Peshawar
  5. Khyber Medical College, Peshawar
Synopsis:
'Majboor Hum Ko Mat Kaho' is a story of an irresponsible journalist who was assigned to do a feature on persons with disabilities. His thoughtlessly written article lands him in trouble. The prospects of unemployment force him to go out and meet the real persons with disabilities.
His interaction with PWDs transforms him. He realizes his mistake and commits to play his due role to bring about a change.

We will update you about how the play was received, and share our experience of performing this play at various educational institutions.

Regards,

Team Theatre Wallay
The Farm, Capital View Road, Off Jinnah Road, Bani Gala, Islamabad
Phone: +92 303 566 7670
TW on FB
TW Website
Majboor Hum Ko Mat Kaho.jpg