Unnecessary Emails/Direct Emails to Other Members/Harassment

Pak NGOs

Oct 15, 2021, 2:14:53 AM10/15/21
to Pak NGOs Mailing Group

Dear Members,

It has been reported to us by some members (and female members in particular) that whenever they post a message in the group, they receive plenty of unnecessary emails. The emails contain:

  • Requests for phone numbers
  • Requests for friendship
  • Requests for Job Placement
  • Requests for Funding

We request our members who receive such irrelevant/harassing emails to forward such emails to us at con...@pakngos.com.pk with your complaint. We will send a notice to members involved in such behavior and if they repeat, we will ban them permanently.

Members should note that we take pride in keeping this forum spam free, and will take every possible measure to keep it safe and clutter free for everyone.

Please note the following points:

  • Do not send your CV to everyone blindly. Nobody has ever found a job by doing that. Jobs are posted here regularly, follow the procedure in 'How to Apply' section.
  • The messages you receive through this forum are open messages, and you do not need to respond if you do not have the relevant information requested in a message. You can simply ignore. For example, if someone has asked for material on child marriages, only those members should respond who have relevant material. If all the 20,000 or so members start telling the sender that they don't have the relevant information, the sender's inbox would be choked with regret emails.
  • Sending friendship requests is outright harassment and highly unprofessional. We may publish screenshots of such emails to shame the culprits. You would not be able to survive in the development sector.
  • Unsolicited CVs, and unsolicited funding requests are highly unprofessional acts. You will never get your desired results by doing that, and you will be banned from this forum for sure.

Please feel free to suggest more/better measures to curb such annoying behavior.

Let us all strive to make and keep it a safe space where we learn and enjoy staying together.

Many Regards,

Team Pak NGOs