TinyMCE 3.4.7 and Paintweb

cporter

Jan 5, 2012, 12:45:03 PM1/5/12
to PaintWeb discussions
Hi,

Well done for paintweb. Was a solution found for the problem described
below? (taken from a different paintweb discussion)

The problem you're explaining sounds known to me now. It loses data
URI
changes. In the plugin I wrote for TinyMCE 3.2.5 I had to rely on
some
internal behavior of TinyMCE (I did read its entire code and I knew
how it
works). If you look into the plugin source code you'll see I update
the
mce_src attribute as well. I did this exactly for the reason you're
explaining: the data URI changes were getting lost after typical usage
of
the editor. The reason TinyMCE uses the custom attribute is because
it
makes temporary changes to the real src attribute.
I presume you use a newer TinyMCE version which may have changed
its
behavior related to the internal mce_src attribute. I suggest you
look
into the code, make a bug report to TinyMCE, and/or fix the plugin
wrote. If you have a fix, I'd gladly integrate it into the main
source
code of PaintWeb, crediting your work.

I'm using TinyMCE 3.4.7, and I'm experiencing the same problem: new
images save fine, while edited images are not updated when saving.

Thanks and best regards,

Chris

Mihai Sucan

Jan 15, 2012, 3:33:32 PM1/15/12
to cporter, PaintWeb discussions
Hello Chris!

I apologize for the long delay in replying you.

Le Thu, 05 Jan 2012 19:45:03 +0200, cporter <cporte...@gmail.com> a
écrit:

> Hi,
>
> Well done for paintweb. Was a solution found for the problem described
> below? (taken from a different paintweb discussion)

Thank you very much for contacting me and for your interest in the
paintweb project.

I do not have any fix. If you do, please let me know.

Unfortunately, I did not have time to actively contribute any work for
PaintWeb in the past couple of years. I have taken on other
responsibilities and I do not have time to work on this open source
project. If you are interested (or know someone who is) in taking the
project, I would appreciate that.

Sorry for the inconvenience and for the not-really-helpful-late-reply.
Please let me know if I can be of further help!

I wish you best of luck!

Mihai