December Ruby Meetup

Samnang Chhun

Dec 2, 2012, 12:32:41 PM12/2/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

I got a couple requests to do this meetup at SmallWorld, and it is not bad idea, but is there any inconvenient for other members?

Thanks,

Chaung Kazekage

Dec 2, 2012, 8:46:04 PM12/2/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
What is the date?

Samnang Chhun

Dec 2, 2012, 11:18:36 PM12/2/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
on 8th, sound good?

Chaung Kazekage

Dec 3, 2012, 8:51:08 PM12/3/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
8th, I won't be available. I'll be on a trip. sorry about that.

Samnang Chhun

Dec 3, 2012, 11:23:57 PM12/3/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
Oops, so when will you come back?

Chaung Kazekage

Dec 4, 2012, 12:58:33 AM12/4/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
on 9th. But i think the meeting should go on in this month.

Samnang Chhun

Dec 4, 2012, 11:59:22 AM12/4/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
How about we do it on 15th? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Samnang

Chaung Kazekage

Dec 4, 2012, 9:10:29 PM12/4/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
I'm ok with it.

Samnang Chhun

Dec 5, 2012, 6:00:34 AM12/5/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me :)

Samnang Chhun

Dec 11, 2012, 12:18:59 PM12/11/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com, Norbert Klein, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim, sreyleap lay
Hi Guys,

We have planned to do Ruby Meetup this Sat, but some of them confirmed with me they can't make it because of holiday month, so I would like to see how many are still available to join first before we decide to have a meetup. Please help to response to this poll:

Thanks,
Samnang

Samnang Chhun

Dec 12, 2012, 10:54:49 AM12/12/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com, Norbert Klein, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim, sreyleap lay
So far we had 3 members available, how about the others?

@Thaichor & @kuyseng, if we have only 3 of members available this week, I'm ok to meet to talk and share anything related to Ruby/Rails, what do you guys think?

Thanks,
Samnang

Sinal Meas

Dec 12, 2012, 9:13:23 PM12/12/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com, Norbert Klein, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim, sreyleap lay
What time and where will the meetup be? I'd love to join too :-)
Meas Sinal
Mobile: 092 996806
Email: meas...@gmail.com

pry sydorei

Dec 12, 2012, 9:17:05 PM12/12/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
I also want to join, but I dare not confirm yet, So please advise the time and place.

Best Regards,
Sydore Pry

Samnang Chhun

Dec 12, 2012, 11:48:37 PM12/12/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
@Sinal & @Sydorei, Sat 2PM at SmallWorld.

Samnang Chhun

Dec 13, 2012, 10:35:09 AM12/13/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com, Chaung Kazekage
Hi RubyMates,

Pailin Ruby Meetup monthly will come back on this Saturday Dec 15th @ SmallWorld. We have one of our member who will come to give a talk on Ruby Metaprogramming. You use Ruby programming language to write your own language(DSL) to tell computer to do stuff for you :)

TitleRuby Metaprogramming
Thaichor Seng(@Thaichor), Junior web developer @ Yoolk

Some people love metaprogramming, but some people scare with it because of its magic. I really love the beauty syntax of ruby, and most of all its metaprogramming.

Where: SmallWorld Cambodia (Number 17, street 604, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh)
When: Saturday, December 15th @ 2PM

Meetup is about coming to share and learn from each others. Please spread the words if you think this meetup could be benefit for others.

Contact Me if you can't find the location.

Thanks,
Samnang

pry sydorei

Dec 13, 2012, 8:24:13 PM12/13/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
Can you give me your handphone? I may contact you if i could not find the location. Note: I submit only one name of Sydore but I will be there afew people.

Samnang Chhun

Dec 13, 2012, 9:09:45 PM12/13/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com
Sydorei,

Here is my number 016 701 721.

I submit only one name of Sydore but I will be there afew people.

No worry, always welcome new faces.

Thanks,
Samnang

sreyleap lay

Dec 15, 2012, 12:05:14 AM12/15/12
to Norbert Klein, pai...@googlegroups.com, samnan...@gmail.com, Sinal Meas, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim
Dear Norbert,

FYI: The Meetup is at 2pm at Smallworld.

Please contact bong Samnang with H.P (+855)16 701 721 for the more info.

Thanks,

Leap
On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 9:23 AM, Norbert Klein <nhk...@gmx.net> wrote:
Sorry for my late response: I am also interested to meet today - even if we are only few people - but where and when?

Norbert

=

--
Norbert Klein
Phnom Penh/Cambodia

My last four blogs:

Considering the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration and the UN Human Rights Day
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1205

The World Conference on International Telecommunications – and the Freedom of Communication -  [more to come next week, as the conference is over]
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1197

The Rule of Law –- an Example
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1180

The South China Sea Challenge
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1122

--
Kindest Regards,
Lay Sreyleap

sreyleap lay

Dec 15, 2012, 12:06:10 AM12/15/12
to Norbert Klein, pai...@googlegroups.com, samnan...@gmail.com, Sinal Meas, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim
Location: SmallWorld Cambodia (Number 17, street 604, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh)

kuyseng chhoeun

Dec 15, 2012, 9:45:53 AM12/15/12
to pai...@googlegroups.com, thai...@gmail.com, Norbert Klein, samnan...@gmail.com, Sinal Meas, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim
Hi Chaung,

I think you should send your file of presentation for everyone to
read. Other people that miss the meeting can understand about what we
have talked about, then it's easy for them to join the next meeting.
I also want to read it.

Thanks;
kuyseng
>>> *Norbert Klein*
>>> *Phnom Penh/Cambodia*
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> *My last four blogs:*
>>>
>>> *Considering the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration and the UN Human Rights
>>> Day*
>>> 13 December 2012
>>> http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1205
>>>
>>> *The World Conference on International Telecommunications – and the
>>> Freedom of Communication - [more to come next week, as the conference
>>> is over] *
>>> http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1197
>>>
>>> *The Rule of Law –- an Example*
>>> http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1180
>>>
>>> *The South China Sea Challenge*
>>> http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1122
>>>

>> --
>> Kindest Regards,
>> Lay Sreyleap
>>

> --
> Kindest Regards,
> Lay Sreyleap

Samnang Chhun

Dec 15, 2012, 10:49:40 AM12/15/12
to kuyseng chhoeun, pai...@googlegroups.com, Chaung Kazekage, Norbert Klein, Sinal Meas, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim
Hi Chaung,

I forgot to say thank to you to spend to share the topic with us. You done a great job even you just started learning Ruby for a while, but you know it well and share something with us :)

Thanks,
Samnang

Chaung Kazekage

Dec 16, 2012, 9:09:45 AM12/16/12
to Samnang Chhun, kuyseng chhoeun, pai...@googlegroups.com, Norbert Klein, Sinal Meas, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim
Thanks all,

I will learn more and share more.

Thanks

Samnang Chhun

Dec 16, 2012, 8:18:35 PM12/16/12
to Norbert Klein, Chaung Kazekage, kuyseng chhoeun, pai...@googlegroups.com, Sinal Meas, Uch Sarath, Chamnap Chhorn, Chanmann lim, Borey Lim
Let me check with them.

Thanks,
Samnang

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Norbert Klein <nhk...@gmx.net> wrote:
On 12/16/2012 9:09 PM, Chaung Kazekage wrote:
Thanks all,

I will learn more and share more.

Thanks

Thanks for the presentation, and for the slides now.

But I forgot to ask about the small LCD projector: is it available in Cambodia, and where? What is the price?

Thanks again,

Norbert
--
Norbert Klein
Phnom Penh/Cambodia

My last four blogs:

Considering the ASEAN Human Rights Declaration and the UN Human Rights Day
The World Conference on International Telecommunications –- and the Freedom of Communication [I will write soon about the results of the conference]
The Rule of Law –- an Example
The South China Sea Challenge