Why I always See Different Results @ Google Page Speed Insights!

Zen Arefeen

Aug 1, 2014, 10:47:09 AM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
I am checking my website speed here https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
I am always getting different results, why it's not constant? Why it always shows different results? Wondering
Can anyone help?

Dave Mankoff

Aug 1, 2014, 10:53:29 AM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Howdy Zen.

What is the URL of the site that you are testing?

It is not uncommon for the score to vary by a little between tests, but a large change warrants investigation.

-dave mankoff

Zen Arefeen

Aug 1, 2014, 11:06:36 AM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
www.omnihearing.ca
It always shows me different results, pls help and appreciate your time

Dave Mankoff

Aug 1, 2014, 11:22:02 AM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
So I just took a quick look. Three different runs show the results only changing slightly. There are two rules that are getting different results, "Optimize Images" and "Reduce Server Response Time".

Optimize Image is changing because you have a scrolling banner on your homepage and sometimes PageSpeed gets different banners in its results.

Reduce Server Response Time is changing because your server isn't always consistent in it's response time. This is fairly common, but isn't a big issue on your site as long as the response times remain generally low.

There are two big issues on your site that you can fix without worrying about the changing score.

First, optimize your images. That's your number one problem. Most of your images aren't compressed as well as they could be. Your banner images are also much too large for the average mobile phone. Shrinking them can save you a large number of bytes. You can read more about optimizing images here: https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/OptimizeImages.

The other rule, "Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content" can be read more about here https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/BlockingJS and here https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/OptimizeCSSDelivery. In short, external resources such as JS and CSS prevent the web browser from rendering your page until they are loaded. On slow, high latency mobile networks, this can cause a large, perceptible delay where you page will simply be blank white. I actually saw this in my desktop browser when I first loaded your page. We recommend attempting to inline resources necessary for rendering the top part of your page and then asynchronously loading remaining resources.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

-dave mankoff

Zen Arefeen

Aug 1, 2014, 11:32:57 AM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply Dave, I will work on these and get back to in a few hours..

Zen Arefeen

Aug 1, 2014, 11:39:59 AM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

I am not too worry about mobile view, I wanna fix my desktop view, please let me know what should I do for that.

Dave Mankoff

Aug 1, 2014, 12:41:09 PM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Howdy Zen.

PageSpeed Insights offers numerous suggestions for improving your desktop speed: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.omnihearing.ca%2F&tab=desktop

Is there any in particular that you have questions about?

-dave mankoff

Carlos Lizaga Anadon

Aug 1, 2014, 1:24:05 PM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
If you get different scores by performing the test several times it is most likely because server reply time, as it's not constant and might vary making your score to increase or decrease.

Regards.

Zen Arefeen

Aug 1, 2014, 3:13:17 PM8/1/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Let work on the errors, I will get back to you guys. Appreciate your time :)

Michał Gumny

Nov 2, 2014, 6:02:11 AM11/2/14
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Hey I'm also facing this issue, my page is: http://szczupla-sylwetka.com. I have results: 64 for mobile and 77 for desktop, then I have 85 for mobile and 94 for desktop (which I like much more ;]).

Regards,
Michał Gumny

Satish Mishra

May 12, 2018, 6:39:47 AM5/12/18
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hey,

Why different speed result for the same website when we testing with different URL.
For example, http://www.coppersmithcreations.in/ and https://www.coppersmithcreations.in/ getting mostly same results, but when testing without www like https://coppersmithcreations.in/ and http://coppersmithcreations.in/ show bad results. What is the issue and what is the solution? Please help me...

Thanks
Satish Kumar Mishra
Web Developer

Rick Steinwand

May 14, 2018, 8:14:20 AM5/14/18
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Test with service that issues a numeric score and see what area changes.

Doantam Phan

May 14, 2018, 5:34:48 PM5/14/18
to pagespeed-ins...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean 'Speed' or 'Optimization'? The 'Speed' data is from the Chrome User Experience Report and only updates once per day. The optimization numbers can vary depending on # of redirects. In this case, I'm guessing if you don't have the www that means PSI thinks it has to go through another redirect (e.g. from example.com --> www.example.com, instead of testing www.example.com directly)

Redirects add extra round-trips, which is probably why the optimization score decreases. E.g., when you test with
"http://coppersmithcreations.in/", the Page Stats section says
"PSI estimates this page requires 4 render-blocking round trips and ~245 resources (8.9MB) to load. The median page requires 4 render-blocking round trips and ~75 resources (1MB) to load. Fewer round trips and bytes results in faster pages."

When you test with "http://www.coppersmithcreations.in/", the Page Stats section says
"PSI estimates this page requires 3 render-blocking round trips and ~244 resources (8.9MB) to load. The median page requires 4 render-blocking round trips and ~75 resources (1MB) to load. Fewer round trips and bytes results in faster pages."

Shariff Elsheikh

Jun 26, 2019, 2:24:12 PM6/26/19
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Hi,

I am using a test website rtsrestaurant.wibioo.com and when I use google optimization on a wifi network I get 96 desktop and mobile 64 or so and when in the same time I go to google insight from my cell and run the same domain I get 20 lower for both.  Does not make sense?