To reduce server response times (TTFB)

SIERRA ODC

Nov 30, 2019, 12:24:26 PM11/30/19
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
HI,

  • We are trying to improve the speed of our web site www.efacility.in
  • Currently against ‘Reduce server response times (TTFB)’, the value shown is 5.23s. We contacted hosting server support for this. They suggested to upgrade PHP to 7  and asked to use cloud fare DNS. We upgraded to PHP 7 but not used cloud fare DNS yet.
  • We created another page https://www.efacility.in/home-demo/ and for this the TTFB value is 5.05s
  • Please suggest is this issue with hosting server or whether we need to reduce the requests (like banners/ images) in our page
Thanks

Punit Sethi

Dec 1, 2019, 11:55:30 PM12/1/19
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
The issue isn't related to reducing banners, images, etc. It could be one of these server-side issues:

- infrastructure / hosting provider issue
- some php code causing slowness
- one or more wordpress plugins causing slowness

Frank

Dec 2, 2019, 6:50:26 AM12/2/19
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
Switch on static page caching. Despite of that the processing time for creating the HTML is way to long.

https://www.webpagetest.org/result/191202_4B_4e01395c3709207b4c6b0c44caf2c520/1/details/

Punit Sethi

Dec 2, 2019, 7:43:50 AM12/2/19
to pagespeed-insights-discuss
If you are certain the page is coming from a static cache, this should be hosting issue. Can you verify static cache is serving the page?