Issue 22 in chrome-page-notes: bug: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 9:04:21 AM10/29/13
to page...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 22 by dennisgd...@gmail.com: bug: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of
input
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=22

browser:
Google Chrome 30.0.1599.114 (Official Build 229842)
OS Linux
Blink 537.36 (@159105)
JavaScript V8 3.20.17.15
Flash 11.9.900.117
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like
Gecko) Chrome/30.0.1599.114 Safari/537.36
Command Line /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome --flag-switches-begin
--flag-switches-end
Executable Path /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome
Profile Path /home/dennis/.config/google-chrome/Default
Variations 6dcb530d-954431d1
f324989d-87cd3fec
b03ddc1f-2d9ef0cc
f9b252d0-fd526c81
3664a344-be9e69ba
24dca50e-837c4893
ca65a9fe-bf3100d4
8d790604-9cb2a91c
5a3c10b5-e1cc0f14
244ca1ac-4ad60575
5e29d81-f23d1dea
246fb659-6bdfffe7
f296190c-24dd8f80
4442aae2-a90023b1
ed1d377-e1cc0f14
75f0f0a0-e1cc0f14
e2b18481-d7f6b13c
e7e71889-4ad60575

Messages from last sync:
sync: Starting sync at: Tue Oct 29 2013 14:58:43 GMT+0200 (EET)
sync: First sync, merging local and remote data.
SyntaxError: Unexpected end of input

bug goes deeper
All Page Notes does not show my tag but does show URL and edits are not
saved

pagenotes.data is empty despite repeated ctrl +f5

Attachments:
page notes shows URL but edits not savedScreenshot.png 127 KB
no content to display Screenshot.png 129 KB

issue notifications to this address.

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 9:48:19 AM10/29/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 22 by manugarg: bug: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of
input
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=22

Were you setting up sync for the first time?

Is it the only chrome instance where you have page notes installed?

Which version of page notes you're using? You can find that by right
clicking on the icon and selecting 'Manage'.

I am trying to guess if it's the data format conflict of some sort.

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 9:56:40 AM10/29/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 22 by dennisgd...@gmail.com: bug: SyntaxError:
Unexpected end of input
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=22

Were you setting up sync for the first time?
yes

Is it the only chrome instance where you have page notes installed?
I'm running chromium for one google user/ and chrome for another google
user (both me but diff. UIDs)

Which version of page notes you're using? You can find that by right
clicking on the icon and selecting 'Manage'.
2.3.1

I am trying to guess if it's the data format conflict of some sort.
thanks for the speedy reply

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 11:09:46 AM10/29/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #3 on issue 22 by manugarg: bug: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of
input
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=22

Thanks for the information. Couple of more questions:

Did you have data before the extension upgrade? Upgrade must have happened
in last 4-5 days. Did you already have the data?

If yes, then it seems to be the case of not proper transition from old
format to the new.

However I am not able to reproduce this behavior. I have tried installing
the old version and then upgrading to new version. I'll further go through
the code. One thing you can do for now is to uninstall and then reinstall
the extension.

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 29, 2013, 11:52:47 AM10/29/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #4 on issue 22 by manugarg: bug: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of
input
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=22

Also, did it (breaking of 'All Notes' page) happen only after you set up
sync?

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 31, 2013, 4:41:04 PM10/31/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #5 on issue 22 by manugarg: bug: SyntaxError: Unexpected end of
input
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=22

I was not able to reproduce this behavior at all even after retrying to
whole sequence of upgrades in a fresh browser. Did you have any luck?

Another question, are you able to access these notes if you visit
corresponding web page directly and click on the browser icon?

Somehow your local pagenotes data seems to be corrupted. But how can that
happen is not clear to me. If it's not too much of trouble and your data is
not private, can you please share local pagenotes data. Way to do that will
be -- right click on the icon, select inspect popup, it will open a new
window, go to that, select Local Storage, search for pagenotes key there
and double click on it to enable text copying.

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Nov 2, 2013, 1:10:28 PM11/2/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #6 on issue 22 by dennisgd...@gmail.com: bug: SyntaxError:
Travelling. Will try to answer your questions soon. Thank you for your
support!