Re: Issue 5 in chrome-page-notes: encryption

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 12, 2013, 11:32:37 PM10/12/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 5 by tserv...@gmail.com: encryption
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=5

This issue should be closed.

Google Drive already gives us the option to encrypt everything. The
encrypted files are (supposedly) not readable even by Google. See
http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57598786-93/google-now-encrypts-cloud-storage-by-default/

issue notifications to this address.

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 23, 2013, 11:20:57 AM10/23/13
to page...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 5 by manugarg: encryption
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=5

That's an entirely different thing tservais. That applies to Google Cloud
Storage. This extension uses Google Drive as the backend.

That said, encryption is difficult given that storing encryption key
somewhere will be a pain. Only option is to use a passphrase for encryption
that user will have to remember and enter every time user wants to read or
write an encrypted note. That sounds like a hassle to me. I'll think about
it anyway.

chrome-p...@googlecode.com

Oct 23, 2013, 11:22:03 AM10/23/13
to page...@googlegroups.com
Updates:
Labels: -Type-Defect Type-Enhancement

Comment #3 on issue 5 by manugarg: encryption
http://code.google.com/p/chrome-page-notes/issues/detail?id=5