RE: Current List Of Names & Yahoo PADS group...

Austin Franklin

Nov 29, 2010, 6:25:07 PM11/29/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi Bob,

Quite a few have already signed up here:

Not sure if you were thinking of another list (though I'd like to see only
one, so we don't get fragmented), or having someone do invites to all those
on the list to join the Yahoo one. They could just go sign-up themselves
if they wanted to. Everyone of course, is welcome.

Regards,

Austin

Robert Kondner

Nov 29, 2010, 6:42:19 PM11/29/10
to Talk Mailing List
Austin,

Yes, I think I signed up.

Is it possible to get emails of what folks post?

Bob K.

John Duquette

Nov 30, 2010, 8:31:24 AM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Yes. You can edit your membership setup to define what address you want
e-mail sent to and whether you want individual e-mails or a 'daily
digest'.

John D

John Duquette

Nov 30, 2010, 8:32:59 AM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
61 members so far!

Austin Franklin

Nov 30, 2010, 5:59:50 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Hi Bob,

It can be setup to work just like this list. You can get individual emails
for each "post", or a daily digest of all the posts for a day, or no
emails, and just logon to the group and view all the posts ever posted.

Regards,

Austin

Is it possible to get emails of what folks post?

Bob K.

Nov 30, 2010, 6:12:15 PM11/30/10
to Talk Mailing List
Austin,

Thanks, I will do that.

Is this list "Controlled" byMentor or is it outside Mentors "Grasp"?

Bob Kondner

John A. Ross [Design]

Dec 1, 2010, 5:17:19 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Bob

If you could add me to the list I would appreciate it.

John A. Ross <jo...@rsd.tv> CID+

On a general note, I also have an ISP that already has mailman running (I
already use it for a few small lists) but I have no interest in managing or
moderating another list on a regular basis.

If some-one (prefer group of 3 to keep it covered) want to get together to
manage it, I can setup the list server and hand over the admin logon details
and off we go. I am pretty sure Mailman has not changed for a while, the
email address list should still be able to be cut/pasted into the box and
the confirmation emails sent out.

Or yahoo or Google groups is fine by me at a push, neither are no-where near
as simple as Mailman and you have to signup to yahoo or Google first, but at
least they are independent of any person or private server, so it is quite a
safe route to take.

BR, John

Austin Franklin

Dec 1, 2010, 7:58:22 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Completely outside of Mentor's grasp.

Dec 1, 2010, 8:22:51 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List

You need a Yahoo account for full access.  Send me (or Austin) your e-mail address; an administrator can set you up with e-mail only access.

John D

Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:10 PM
To: Talk Mailing List

I think I went to sign up some time back. I think you had to have a yahoo account. Needless say, I didn't sign up.

Scott
IDS

Robert Kondner

Dec 1, 2010, 8:41:32 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Wonderful!

Is this list "Controlled" byMentor or is it outside Mentors "Grasp"?

Bob Kondner

Hi Bob,

Regards,

Austin

Austin,

Bob K.

Hi Bob,

Regards,

Austin

myhosting.com - Premium MicrosoftR WindowsR and Linux web and application

-END-

Anders Klovenas

Dec 1, 2010, 10:26:16 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Bob

If you could add me to the list to if I'm not on I would appreciate it.

Anders TK Klovenas tklo...@ebtechinfo.com

On 12/1/2010 3:17 AM, John A. Ross [Design] wrote:
> Bob
>
> If you could add me to the list I would appreciate it.
>
> John A. Ross<jo...@rsd.tv> CID+
>
> On a general note, I also have an ISP that already has mailman running (I
> already use it for a few small lists) but I have no interest in managing or
> moderating another list on a regular basis.
>
> If some-one (prefer group of 3 to keep it covered) want to get together to
> manage it, I can setup the list server and hand over the admin logon details
> and off we go. I am pretty sure Mailman has not changed for a while, the
> email address list should still be able to be cut/pasted into the box and
> the confirmation emails sent out.
>
> Or yahoo or Google groups is fine by me at a push, neither are no-where near
> as simple as Mailman and you have to signup to yahoo or Google first, but at
> least they are independent of any person or private server, so it is quite a
> safe route to take.
>
> BR, John

Abraham

Dec 1, 2010, 10:41:14 AM12/1/10
to Talk Mailing List
Please add me up on the list

abraham....@maxim-ic.com

best regards,

Brandy | PCB Layout Designer -EV_KIT_APPS | MAXIM
2nd flr., Net One Building, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig
+63-2-9022000 loc 2824 abraham....@maxim-ic.com